Good starter excercise program

Options
I am just over 300 lbs and am extremely out of shape. I need some inspiration from someone who has been here. How do I start this excercise journey?

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Hi first good luck second just walk to start than walk fast than faster
  • magazineprincess
    Options
    I started the Couch to 5K running program in January. It is amazing! When I started I could barely jog 60 seconds at a time. Now I can jog 40-50 minutes straight! I have run three 5K races, and plan to run a 10K on April 30th. You really should check it out!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Walk Walk Walk! I started at much high but am almost down to where you are now. I started walking even just 5 min and then increased every week and then added easy chair exercises til I was doing about 40 min. a day.

You can do it! We believe in you!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i started with the biggest loser 30 day challenge! they have a person on each exercise that does it low intensity until you get to the point where you can do more! and it is very motivating!!! it was only $10 at wal mart and all you need is weights. you can get an exercise ball if you want! good luck! so happy you made the decision to become active and healthier!!!
  • Vqueen
    Vqueen Posts: 13
    Options
    I just rented "Walk Away the Pounds, 4 Mile Challenge" from NetFlix ........I'm only able to do 1 mile right now bt it is sooooo easy. There are no tricky dance moves yo have to learn...your just walking in place at different speeds or raise your hands in air while you do a side step...Super easy but will work you out in the privacy of your home.
  • JessFeldman02
    Options
    You all are the best! I was very aprehensive about posting, and didn't really think there would be much "support" but you have proven me wrong. Thank you for all of the ideas! I will definately be using them.