It's sad that......

Options
2»

Replies

• superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I also have not given up foods. I try to modify things I like, make healthier versions of meals, or eat a smaller portion of the things I like. Heck, sometimes I just have what I want. Think of the weight loss as more of a lifestyle change. I know that I can NEVER go back to eating how I used to before losing weight. I wouldn't want to. Even when I eat whatever I want, I know it is still FAR less than I ever used to eat on a normal day! You just have to find out how modifying your diet will work in your life and stick with it! For me- I exercise because it makes me feel good, strong, and more fit....but in reality, I also like to exercise so I can eat more food within my diet calories. Find something that motivates you to keep going!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want however I eat those foods in moderation and in smaller portions. I find it harder to give up on something because then I'll have a tendency to binge on it. I've also noticed that my body rejects most junk food and I don't want to eat it anymore. What motivated you to lose weight in the first place? Maybe you can revist that and keep it as a constant motivation.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Here's my motivation:

If I put my weight back on, if I let myself go, if I go back to my old eating habits, I will kill myself. I will die an early death after some doctor has cut off my legs and I have to shoot up insulin 2, 3, 4 times a day.

Is that an exageration? Absolutely not. Diabetes runs in my family - a preventable disease is killing my father right now and I refuse to let it work on me.

In addition to that, I feel freakin awesome now. I have energy to keep up with my 3 (soon to be 4) kids. They no longer have to ask, "mom, can we go to the park?" and listen to me tell them no because I'm too tired. You want motivation? Picture telling your baby no to everything they ask and then picture the look on their face at how disappointed they are that mom can't play with them. Better yet, picture not being able to see at all because being obese - a choice that was made - ends up shortening your life.
  • KristenSyrenne
    Options
    I never had to worry about eating before so it is hard to try and change now. I love food and I love to eat and I always feel hungry. I am trying to be more healthy and I hope to get my metabolism going so I can eat more. I want to eat wings and beer on wing night, I want to eat the lasagna when we go out, I want to have the cake to celebrate a special occasion and I'm in love with ice cream. I don't always want to say no and I enjoy life by eating what I want. So I cut out the things I can live without and started to make healthier choices with choosing whole grain drinking more water and so on (if you are eating a treat and it is not as good as you thought... don't finish it) and I workout like crazy (I enjoy workingout and being strong). I am still having a hard time though, but I think with time it will get better. I'm just going to try and make little changes to be healthy which feels good! Moderation is the key and finding what works for you. Everyone is different.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Girl....I love chocolate and allow myself to have a 50 calorie mini chocolate nugget everyday:)) I don't do cheat days either bc for me personally I take it to the extreme and could easily put a pound on depending on what I eat ( one fast food place can do that on a cheat day). I just set some calories to the side for a treat...not a cheat:))

Over all my dear...you need to love your body being and staying healthy more than you love food:)) moderation is the key:))