Exercise Schedule

Options
I was hoping i could get some feedback on my exercise schedule based on your experiences.

Monday AM Jogging
PM Weights for 45 mins

Tuesday AM Spin Class

Wednesday AM Jogging
PM Weights for 45 mins

Thurs AM Spin Class

Friday AM Jogging

Sat AM Spin Class

Sunday Rest Day!

Thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I would say that is a good plan and a good start!! Once you get the flow going mixing it up is always nice!! :glasses:
  • tristahenry
    tristahenry Posts: 175
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • lemonlady125
    lemonlady125 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Goals are to loose weight, but stay toned. I have a hard time making PM classes at my gym so the spin class is the easiest because it is in the AM before I go to work. I wanted to put in jogging to A) get better at it and B) break up my spin since I have heard it is bad to do the same exercise over and over again.
  • tristahenry
    tristahenry Posts: 175
    Options
    It looks like you are doing everything you need to reach your goals. Maybe you want to add in a yoga or pilates class (if it works in your schedule) to help lengthen your muscles for a sleek look, tone and help prevent injury. Weights are SO BORING for me so I do weight circuits that include boxing
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are doing everything you need to reach your goals. Maybe you want to add in a yoga or pilates class (if it works in your schedule) to help lengthen your muscles for a sleek look, tone and help prevent injury.

Yes, this.

Also, you may want to consider breaking up the weights into three smaller chunks of 20 minutes or so, MWF,... I would never be able to stick to 45 minutes of weights consistently. But 15-20 minutes flies by.

Another thought: Can you replace one of those spin classes with some non-class time on the other machiens? Elliptical, rowing machine, stairstepper, etc.? You'll work out some different muscles that way.

Good luck!
  • lemonlady125
    lemonlady125 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions! i really appreciate it!