Vitamin Newbie

lowlevelrebel
lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
So I see a lot of people on here take some sort of supplement or vitamin, something I've never done. I guess my question is- should I? Are they worth the investment? I'm admittedly a real beginner at weight loss and health in general so can people with a somewhat sedentary lifestyle also use vitamins?

I'm not terribly wealthy so I probably couldn't afford a whole regime but, in your opinions, what, if any, would you recommend?

Thanks MFPers :)

Replies

• Gamma85
    Gamma85 Posts: 3
    Depends a lot of your nutrition. If you are worried about getting enough vitamins then taking a half multivitamin is a good idea. If you are really worried about it then take the full one. Most of the time taking extra vitamins do not yield in weight loss.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    A multivitamin is good for pretty much everyone! What kind depends on you personally. Some people, like me, have a tendency to be anemic. So I need one with iron. I would ask your doc if there is anything you need specifically. If not, just a daily vitamin for women should be fine. No matter what your activity level, everyone can benefit from a good multivitamin!
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Look at your Nutrient breakdown for Vitamin A, C, Calcium & Iron. Track it for a week. If you regularly are less than 100% then I would take a Multivitamin. Also, Target Generic multi's have been shown to be just as effective as the name brand so that can definitely save you money.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Multivitamins are a GREAT way to get nevessary vitamins & minerals. We caneasily over eat some necessary vitamins but its very hard to get all the vitamins and mierals you need simply through consuming food & beverages.

I love my multi-vitamin but typically take pre-natals. You need to find one that doesnt make you nauseaus. And take them with food in your tummy
This discussion has been closed.