wheatgrass ?

Options
Hello everyone,
I am curious to know if anyone has tried wheatgrass and your thoughts on having a shot here and there for a boost. ?:bigsmile:

Replies

• eleveson
    eleveson Posts: 2
    Options
    Wheatgrass is really good for you, and most places give you orange juice to wash the taste down. Definitely worth the health benefits.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's so healthy for you! Strong tasting (like grass...). I love weird tasting things, and I hope you'll like it, cause the benefits are greater than that taste!

Edit: You can also put it in shakes and stuff, to hide the taste a little, or dilute in water.
  • haylayne81
    Options
    What are the benefits? (curious!)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    It's very alkalizing in the body (instead of acidic). Most things we eat create acidity in the body, so wheat grass helps to keep us in balance. This is one of the best info sites I found for an list of benefits: http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2009/05/22/wheatgrass-health-benefits/comment-page-2/

Check your local health food store and ask someone there if you'd like more informed knowledge on it, or which kind to get. Honestly, I would buy it from that site: http://www.energiseforlife.com/cat--Alkalising-Supplements--ALKALISING_SUPPLEMENTS/green-drinks.html but I've never had the money to spend on a significant supply of it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and weight loss benefits! :bigsmile:
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    I have taken it before but when I put it in my diary it gives pretty much no nutritional value.? (not sure why that is) I have talked with many different wrestlers on the topic, because they take it to drop weight fast before a match. There is a juice bar not too far from my place that sells it but I was curious to know if anyone else takes it. It does taste like grass but I usually have an orange wedge handy for after the shot. :drinker: LOL... I love it.. just wanted to pole others on the topic to see if anyone else has had benefits as well.?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Go to your local health food store and ask an employee for more advice and about the benefits, and the best way to take it! :happy:
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just had my first shot today for lunch and I gotta tell ya - I'm amazed at how full I feel. And how much energy I have. Like I just had a cup of high-powered coffee. I, too, entered into my diary and was dismayed at the numbers. Try this link for the nutritional breakdown - pretty impressive. Is there a way to enter this into MFP?

Susan
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've had fresh wheat grass shots and also used the powdered wheat grass. Honestly? can't say I notice a sense of well being that can be attributed solely to either of these. Other than a sense that it's supposed to be healthy, and probably didn't do any harm (i.e., placebo)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I don't like wheat and grass isn't for eating...