Purple potatoes

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
I just ran to the local grocery and bought some purple potatoes and pearl onions. They had them on sale, 2 pounds of each for 69 cents each. I am making chicken tonight and thought I would cook these too. Problem is I have no idea how to prepare them. All recipes I looked up are so fattening. Any ideas???

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    I just ran to the local grocery and bought some purple potatoes and pearl onions. They had them on sale, 2 pounds of each for 69 cents each. I am making chicken tonight and thought I would cook these too. Problem is I have no idea how to prepare them. All recipes I looked up are so fattening. Any ideas???
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am sure your family would not like my recipe.
    I just boil or bake them then eat them naked naked naked. No salt no nothing. But….that’s just me and the way I like them. :embarassed:
    Good luck finding a recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    Options
    I was thinking maybe roasting them with the pearl onions, red onions. garlic, parsley. red and green bell pepper, salt and pepper and some olive oil. I am thinking maybe even sprinkling parma cheese on them. I have my son cutting them up right now. He is kind of tripping out over the color.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hey that does sound good. :drinker:
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I like for purple potatoes, I love them and so does my boyfriend.
    I just cut them up into pieces with the skin on, and then shake em up in bag with some olive oil, garlic, rosemary and a bit of seasoning salt. Put them in the oven for around 45 minutes at 375 F.
    Super easy.
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thank you. I will try that next time. The ones we made tonight came out FANTASTIC!!!!