Any asexuals?

Options
helenium
helenium Posts: 546 Member
Hello all!

Was wondering if there were any asexuals/demisexuals/gray-As here on MFP. I'm personally a romantic asexual (don't ask me about gender preferences - I don't know yet). I'm female and 21 years old, but I've only just started experiencing light-weight romantic attraction in the last year - it's all rather new to me. Just after I started to think I might be aromantic...

I've never had an interest in sex, and I have little-to-no sex drive. I'm perfectly comfortable talking about it, but just have no interest in engaging in the activity! People sometimes say, "Oh, you will just find the right person one day". I'm terrified of this idea - I don't want to find the right person, it sounds horrific. :P

Does any of this relate to anyone here? I'd be very interested in meeting like-minded people.

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    im very, very scared at the responses you might get on here because as i've seen many people have way too much of a sex drive on here :)

*bows out and wishes you well*
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure what you meant by asexual, so I looked it up. It said "Married". I guess I'm asexual too.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I wasn't sure what you meant by asexual, so I looked it up. It said "Married". I guess I'm asexual too.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • helenium
    Options
    OK, guess I've been misunderstood...!

http://www.asexuality.org/home/

Doubt I'll have much luck finding others then :P
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    LOL@RoadDog!!!

Hey, getting in shape, living healthy will probably heighten your sex drive. Feeling good about oneself is a GREAT Aphrodisiac!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    OK, guess I've been misunderstood...!

http://www.asexuality.org/home/

Doubt I'll have much luck finding others then :P

you never know, you just never know what's out here in the land of MFP :) stranger things have happened!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    A weightloss/health forum probably isn't going to be the best place to look for others who share your interests in that regard. The majority of the friendships formed here seem to be based on finding others who share similar health philosophies vs relationship things... good luck though!
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A weightloss/health forum probably isn't going to be the best place to look for others who share your interests in that regard. The majority of the friendships formed here seem to be based on finding others who share similar health philosophies vs relationship things... good luck though!

hmm i was thinking the same exact thing.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Hysterical !!!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

Ha! speak for yourself :wink:
  • helenium
    Options

Oldest joke in the book! :P
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

HA HA HA!!!!

I think I'm far from asexual!! I don't think I could be if I tried! ha ha ha
  • MeganH81
    MeganH81 Posts: 38
    Options

LMFAO.... thanks! I needed that!
  • MeganH81
    MeganH81 Posts: 38
    Options

Ha! speak for yourself :wink:

Exactly what I as thinking .... I get it everyday
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love the way that there is always something interesting and different on the MFP boards!!

ITA with the person who said MFP seems to have a lot of "over"sexed people around (but really, is there any such thing as OVER sexed?! lol) - maybe all the exercise and clean eating just gets a lot of folks' blood pumping...to some body parts more than others! :bigsmile:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i have read posts about EVERYTHING on this site. from ppl trying to share stuff, to people asking legit weight questions, to people just saying anything and everything to get a convo going. im not gonna knock this question, bc it could have to do about weight. i personally know when i wasnt happy with myself, i could care less to ever have sex. my advice to u, while i dont share in that problem, is take this time to work on urself and make urself happy! u never know how the outcome might turn out!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I know that the other posts about getting healthy can up libido mean to be encouraging... but really, being asexual is just fine. There's nothing wrong with it, it's very normal, and it happens to perfectly healthy people.

Even people with crazy high sex drives have drops in libido sometimes.

Not everyone has one, and that's cool too!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    It doesn't matter what your sexual preference is or if you have non. The game here is life change. to get healthy and make friends. You will figure out what you want in the future or maybe a doctor can help.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options

bahahahha you crack me up lol