binging.

ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone- last year i lost 35 pounds and have been able to keep it off. I was counting calories, doing great, and maintaining a thin physique. Recently however I've been binging to the extreme and eating anything i want at night, gaining back about 7 pounds. I eat so healthy during the day and then at night it all gets thrown out the door, i don't know what to do =\

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Evenings are the toughest for me too. My suggestion would be to keep busy doing things not around food...like book clubs, the gym, walk, etc.
    And go to bed early.

Good luck!
  • Evening's have always been my toughest time too! I've gotten to the point where I don't even realize how much I've eaten until I look down and the entire bag is gone :(

And yet I was shocked when the scale kept going up.

Maybe try switching up your diet. I did this, and since I have, I've been doing a lot better. I mainly eat veggies, fruit and lean meats...and I feel so full...but more importantly satisfied...that I don't want to binge. And beyond that...I've just felt a lot better in general, and have a lot more energy.
  • I have the same problem in that I'm quite the piggy when it comes to the evening! What I have been doing is rather than having snacks between breakfast and lunch, I save that calorie allowance for the evenings so I'm able to have lots of snacks after diner without breaking my total daily allowance (most of the time anyways!). Eating more in the evenings isn't great for your metabolism though as it means you're going to bed quite soon after a large influx of food so I've started going to the gym quite late as mine is open until 10:30pm so my body actually gets a chance to use those calories rather than just storing them! Hope this helps =]
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    I have that problem. I could eat pounds of chicken wings in one sitting in the privacy of my own home, with only the dog to tell. It was private. What helped me rein it in was this site. I friended a bunch of people and promised myself that if it passed my lips, it got recorded...and no eyeballing portions either. I don't hide anything...I'd only be cheating myself. This way, even if I'm alone at home, all my internet friends can see my embarrassing behavior.
  • Feel your pain. However, mine is definitely on the weekends. I actually don't keep anything that I would want to pig out on at home. I am not sure if you are able to do this?

I live alone so I dont have to worry about food for husbands or kids. So I just have veggies, meats and fruits at home so if I do "binge" it's on all healthy foods.

My problem is when I go out to eat. I hate spending 12 bucks on a chicken salad so I usually opt for the 8 dollar hamburger :(

Good luck to you. I would suggest walking but not sure how late you are eating.
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks guys. The only thing is that the saving the calories part is what got me into that mess. I thought that i should eat the extra calories to maintain my weight and i just started eating more because i could until I would go over my calorie limit by sometimes 1000. I'm not even really hungry
This discussion has been closed.