Anyone up for a little friendly competition?

Options
2»

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just heard about this website today and I am all for a little friendly competition. I am at 262 and would love to get to 175 pounds. I am only 5' 6" and am retiring this year so want to get in shape to golf, hike, swim with my husband. Any motivation will help. I was recently diagnosed as borderline diabetic and do not want to start taking medication. Count me in.
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just found this site yesterday and Im enrolled in the 90 day challenge with body by vi!!!! Id love to join. As long as I can keep the site straight and know whats up, LOL!!! SO here goes:

SW...157.6
    Goal... 130
  • mmkay007
    mmkay007 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in too!
    sw: 230
    gw: 190
    ugw: 140
  • carhicks
    Options
    Well, Thursday weigh in was a success. Down 4 pounds. Woo Hoo!
  • carhicks
    Options
    Monday weigh in was a success. Since last Monday (day I started) I lost 5.5 pounds. Lots more to go. How are the rest of you doing?
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @ carhicks: wow!! Your weight loss is amazing! Keep it up.

I'm weighting in @ 166.6 down .8 from last weight in which was 167.4.
    Not much, hey but at least I'm not gaining weight.
    How is everyone else doing????
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 154 today so that's a 1.2lb weight loss since last monday. I'm seriously considering weight watchers, has anyone done this before? I'm afraid if it's too much work though I wont stick to it.

I am also going to start working out this week. This will be key for me to keep losing weight. I'm so done with looking at my summer clothes and knowing at this weight I wont fit into them!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Have not lost anything this week UGH!! 148
  • Lanet27
    Options
    @ ddamore: A friend is doing weight watchers and she's lost about 15 lb. She loves it, and it's trying to get me into the program.
    I currently doing my own little version of Jenny Craig I some times eat JC food others I cook and try to "portion control".

@ rjb0802 don't be discouraged. P90X is a mostly a strength training workout system, so you are probably building up muscle. Perhaps taking measurements may be a better gage of your progress. Well, see you all Monday @ our next weight in.

Everyone is doing great!!
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    On saturday my scale reported 151 but today I weighed in at 154 again so i'm not losing but not gaining. blah..

How's everyone else doing?
  • Lanet27
    Options
    I'm @ 165.4 down 1.2 from last week's weight-in,

I'm trying the calorie zigzagging thing. I think is working.

According to the website below, it's a good idea to change the calorie levels to 'keep the body guessing'.
    This calorie variation may be called "diet confusion" just like we do with P90x and its "muscle confusion" premise.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Hope you all are doing great and a Happy (belated) Mother's Day to All!!
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I'm down 2.4 from last week. 212 current. :D
  • Lanet27
    Options
    OMG I'm down 2.4 as well. :D

I'm @ 163; getting close to the goal for this challenge!! :)
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I think this challenge got dropped off the map... :(

I lost 4 pounds last week, down to 208.

In a couple of weeks the other challenge I'm in is going to start our third round! Keep an eye out for the Diamond Challenge. There're going to be two teams, Diamonds in the Rough and DiamondDolls. You'll see the post in this forum in about 2 weeks to sign up. :D
  • Lanet27
    Options
    Thanks for the head up... I'll be looking out for it.

BTW, you are looking awesome! Keep it up. :)