30lbs left, anyone else?

Options
I want to hear from anyone with 30lbs or less left to lose. As you can see I have lost a lot but I am stuck and have been for almost 3 months now. How do we get to the goal it seems really hard, what is everybody doing to get their.

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have around 35 left! So far I havent hit another plateau yet but i did 30lbs ago and was stuck for almost 2 months!! it was frustrating! But then it started coming off again. hang in there!!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much left - but i just wanted to comment to both of you - INCREDIBLE so far!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me! Well, 30 lbs. or thereabouts. I'm really not sure what my goal weight is, but I'm guessing around 140.

I haven't lost as much as you have, but my weight loss has definitely slowed in the last couple of months. I'm averaging closer to 4-5 lbs. a month at this point.

I've cut way back on drinking since that seemed to make me gain weight every single weekend and it just wasn't worth it. Other than that, I'm just plugging along, doing what I've been doing. There are probably some things I could clean up, but I need a couple of pieces of chocolate a week, and I'm not willing to give them up!

I have increased my calories slightly (miminum is closer to 1400 / day now), and that made the scale budge last week, but I'm stuck again for this week.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow I am impressed with the amount you have lost so far congrats!!!!!! Also change up your work like a 180 that should help with the last few pounds
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Me too, but I have been stuck since Christmas, I have gone through periods of not watching the closest, but the first 30 was (in looking back now) pretty easy. I am terribly frustrated, but hope I will eventually get thin.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have 28 to go.. just passed my half way goal, finally!!! Took me a year to get here! I was stuck, for 4 months, until I joined MFP. Since joining I have had slow, but steady weight loss. Congrats on your amazing weight loss, keep pushing, and you will see those last 30 shed in no time!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have about 18lbs left to lose. It's been tough over the past month because my weight loss has basically halted. It even started to creep up a little last week despite my being under my calorie limit and working out almost every day. So, I decided to cut out more carbohydrates and sugar (including fruit...but it's only temporary) to boost my weigh loss. Well, it seems to have worked because I've dropped almost 3 lbs this week. Yay! :-) When I reach my goal of 135 I will have lost 100lbs.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    And me! Again not sure what the ultimate goal is, I started out around 210lbs in 2005 post pregnancy, weighed in at 161lbs March 2009 and here I am now pretty stuck finidng it very hard.

I have changed my life style massively even if the scale refuses to acknowledge it :bigsmile: started working out March 2009, gave up smoking June 2010, took up cycling to work July 2010.

Would love support and more friends along the way x
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've got 20 left to go. I'd love more support/encouragement!
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I plan on 30 more and I know the last couple of months it's a pound here a pound there but I have lost a lot of inches
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That is all I need is 30 more! I have been on the inch wagon too! It is all good we can all do this! Best wishes!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I have about 22-32 lbs left to lose. It took me about 10 months to lose 40lbs, so I'm trying to be more aggressive with the last leg of my weight loss.

I've been doing the Insanity workout program for 3 weeks now, and it's been amazing! I've been losing 2lbs a week, and I can already see the results! It's great at toning muscles, which is definitely something we should be doing as we get closer to our goal weights!! :)
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    My computer turned off and only posted 1/2 my post haha

I havent hit a plateau lately but I did 30lbs ago for about 3 months, no matter what i did it wouldn't budge (but i was still loosing inches) my Dr had me research fasting (the RIGHT kind)

I dont have the discipline for a full fast, so I did an intermittent fast (my dr regulated it and helped me). Monday, Weds and Friday were WATER days, the rest of the week was my normal 1200 calorie routine. I would do that for a week, then have a regular week, do the fast for a week, have a regular week, ect for a month only. It worked! i only lost maybe 4lbs that month but it shocked my metabolism and since i have been back on my normal 1200cal routine i have been losing a steady 2-4lbs a week which is even better then the 1-2 i was losing before!!!

Thank you all for your kind words, and OP you are AMAZING!!!! you are all doing a great job! I love this site and the people on it!! So motivational!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have about 22-32 lbs left to lose. It took me about 10 months to lose 40lbs, so I'm trying to be more aggressive with the last leg of my weight loss.

I've been doing the Insanity workout program for 3 weeks now, and it's been amazing! I've been losing 2lbs a week, and I can already see the results! It's great at toning muscles, which is definitely something we should be doing as we get closer to our goal weights!! :)

i want to try that, I'm hoping to find the money for it soon!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You are right in the same range as I am. I have lost 109 lbs but am now really struggling. I am at 171 and would like to be in the 140 range...would even be happy with 150. I am up for ideas too. I have had a worse time the last few weeks than I have had the entire time. Wanting to eat everything etc. And even when I am doing good not losing much...although actually I don't have a problem with that because I knew it would slow way down. I am just really torn about having nooooo self control all of a sudden.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options

i want to try that, I'm hoping to find the money for it soon!

I have friends that found it for $48 on ebay!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 27 to finish off my goal weight and start maintenance. Only problem is, I cant lose this last 27 lbs.......any tips folks would be appreciated
    I have started to eat more, exercise more, esp in weight training and nada...............Lloyd
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have about 30-40 to lose. Been very slow lately. I'm trying to make adjustments here and there, but still pretty slow.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What exactly is insanity?