Boobs!

Options
OK, about 14 months ago I had a breast reduction. I was a G cup and after surgery and 9 lbs of breast flesh removed I went to a size C. MY stomach suddenly stuck out further than my breasts...which was unusual for me. I have never lost breast tissue when i've lost weight in the past, and today I've notice that my new boobs appear...BIGGER! Now, I don't mind that they look bigger, b/c the reason for the reduction was that i totally could not breath like a normal person. They jiggle on their own now because my stomach is no longer holding them up...and I've lost a couple inches in band size. I know I'm weird...but I'm so excited.

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    OMG thats a great feeling when your tummy is smaller than your boobs!!!! This just happend to me so I am excited with you!!
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i can honestly say that my boobs have gotten smaller too.. now hubby not happy about that. lol
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    lol i had a reduction in 2000 8 pounds gone but there was no lift performed so they look saggy .and def with my 20 pound lost they stick out more
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you and your success! I know with your breast issues that this is a big deal for you! I unfortunately have had the opposite problem and now look like I have 2 pushpins sticking out from a cork board... nothing there anymore. :(
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    weird double post... CONGRATS AGAIN! LOL
  • karenbreaux
    karenbreaux Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You go girl, I don't think you are weird at all!! I had an aunt that had a breast reduction and she was so relieved of back pain when it was done. Unfortunately, I know how you feel about your belly holding up your boobs, I was having the same thing happen to me not that long ago, but I am losing weight and working out and I can already see some good positive changes that are keeping me motivated!!

Good luck!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you and your success! I know with your breast issues that this is a big deal for you! I unfortunately have had the opposite problem and now look like I have 2 pushpins sticking out from a cork board... nothing there anymore. :(

Lol...I have a friend who says she has empty socks!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Lol...I have a friend who says she has empty socks!

I'm totally in that boat...:/
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    i can honestly say that my boobs have gotten smaller too.. now hubby not happy about that. lol

LMBO. Hubby is the same way. He walked by yesterday and tried to cop a feel and said "o no did I miss".
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately im the opposite, its the first place i loose it and for some one that didnt have much to start with thats not good !

My goal has always been to be at my smallest weight for over a year before i go to Thailand for implants !

Congratulations though !!! Great Work !
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Me too..... :huh:

... but not the part about a hubby. I r one.
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i'd like to lose a little in the boobs. not alot but i wouldn't mind going down a cup size
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lucky ducky! My surgeon did a breast lift with my reduction, so they're perky, but not as small as I wanted! I requested (and was told) I'd be a C. I'm still a D. :frown:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Lucky ducky! My surgeon did a breast lift with my reduction, so they're perky, but not as small as I wanted! I requested (and was told) I'd be a C. I'm still a D. :frown:

I told my surgeon a full c to small d...I ended up with a small C. LOL But honestly, I've never felt better. Its amazing to breath again!
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34GG (I just mentioned this in another post, actually) and I know your pain. I'm really hoping to lose some cup sizes as I slim down.

Really glad you're feeling happier with yours and with your shape, now!
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OK, about 14 months ago I had a breast reduction. I was a G cup and after surgery and 9 lbs of breast flesh removed I went to a size C. MY stomach suddenly stuck out further than my breasts...which was unusual for me. I have never lost breast tissue when i've lost weight in the past, and today I've notice that my new boobs appear...BIGGER! Now, I don't mind that they look bigger, b/c the reason for the reduction was that i totally could not breath like a normal person. They jiggle on their own now because my stomach is no longer holding them up...and I've lost a couple inches in band size. I know I'm weird...but I'm so excited.
    I am a DD And I too am having issues losing the fat from the boobs ! Wow 9 pounds gez I want a reduction too it is just that I am waiting for my 2 year old to be done nursing ARGHHH ! I have insurance what % of this do they cover does anyone know and can I get a lift ? My back hurts. I have indents on my shoulders. I get the hard to breath feeling. I love to run just got to hold on to the top :noway: !
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LOL after loosing 50lb and 2 pregnancies I went from a DD to a B and i don't have a regular B I just have the "empty skin sacks". Oh the joys!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I am a DD And I too am having issues losing the fat from the boobs ! Wow 9 pounds gez I want a reduction too it is just that I am waiting for my 2 year old to be done nursing ARGHHH ! I have insurance what % of this do they cover does anyone know and can I get a lift ? My back hurts. I have indents on my shoulders. I get the hard to breath feeling. I love to run just got to hold on to the top :noway: !

Not sure about your insurance company but MANY will pay for the reduction for health reasons. Here the surgeon has to be able to remove a certain amount PLUS the other issues you mentioned you have with the indents and back. May be worth looking into!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol I have perky 38DDs (if that's even possible????) which for some reason look ok to me but I think its mainly due to me being 5'9'' and a medium bone structure. I do want to get down to a B though and have made that one of my motivations as I'd like to be able to wear spaghetti straps and bikinis without feeling like a slut lol. I've always been so anticleavage on myself its not even funny. And the other thing making me sad is that victoria's secret isn't carrying 38DD for most bras so I'm wearing 38Ds which fit somehow... Still measured by them as a Double D though. Meh, I don't want to worry about it anymore haha. I'm hoping eating clean and weight lifting will get it all to shrink!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

My surgery was paid for 100%. Everything was completely covered and taken care of for me (including the recovery medications; percocets, T3's). I love Canada's health care system! If you're located in Canada, it'll probably be covered. Otherwise, your insurance may cover it - ask them! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!