An Introduction and a Question!

Options
My name is Ashley and I'm new here! I joined because a girlfriend of mine is on this site too. I would really love to be fit and tone at this point and feel like I've let myself go (2 kids will do that to ya) so now it is time to get back on track! I would like to know if any of you do the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred? If so, what amount of calories should I burn doing Level 3 at medium intensity which is 20 minutes long? Any advice would be helpful! I'm putting in 160 calories right now. Thanks!

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If you log it under "circuit training, general" in the exercise log here on MFP it will give you an estimate. The only truly accurate way is with a heart rate monitor, but most people find what MFP gives you in that category is a good ball park figure. Good luck!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Mommy of 2 here as well! welcome! i am on 30 day shred day 4-level one. the best measure is to buy a heart rate monitor and add your calories from that. the other option, which i do, is to just log 20 minutes of circuit training.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck, im on level 2 on shred and doing about 160 calories :smile:
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    I FORGOT HOW TO POST A MESSAGE HELP AND LET ME KNOW PLEASE
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Welcome! I am currently on day 6 of the 30 Day Shred (so, level 1), and when I enter 25 min of "circuit training, general" it tells me I have burned 238 calories. I don't have a HRM, so I really can't be sure if that is accurate though.