mikesourz
mikesourz Posts: 1
edited September 26 in Recipes
INGREDIENTS

1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 green pepper
1 pack of chestnut mushrooms
475 mls of reduced salt stock (chicken is best)
2tbs tomato puree
1 pack of quorn pieces
25g plain flour
1tsp nutmeg
1tsp paprika
handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
1/2 of Sainsburys be good to yourself low fat yoghurt

Fry the onion, garlic, pepper and mushrooms in some fry light oil until browned, add the stock, quorn pieces and puree and simmer, sift in the flour this will thicken the sauce and coat the pieces sprinkle in the nutmeg, parsley and paprika and finally when the quorn is tender add the yoghurt. Heat through and serve :)

Best served with rice and broccoli depending on how many calories you have ;)

ENTIRE POT OFSTROGANOFF ABOUT 700 TO 800 CALORIES

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I saw this in another thread...but what's quorn?
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Soooo excited to try this! I love Quorn!
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    What kind of quorn pieces does this recipe use?
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member

Quorn is a brand of vegetarian protein....fake meats. I believe all the products are made from mushrooms...they don't taste like it though...everything I have had Quorn brand is delicious! My local stores sell chik'n cutlets, turk'y roast, turk'y burgers, quorn crumbles (like ground beef) chik'n patties~like breaded chicken patties, and a couple more.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member

Quorn is a brand of vegetarian protein....fake meats. I believe all the products are made from mushrooms...they don't taste like it though...everything I have had Quorn brand is delicious! My local stores sell chik'n cutlets, turk'y roast, turk'y burgers, quorn crumbles (like ground beef) chik'n patties~like breaded chicken patties, and a couple more.

Interesting. I wonder if they are gluten free. I used to use the Morningstar Farms crumbles, but with the soy there was also wheat protein added. I'll have to look into these since it's nice to have a quick protein sometimes!

And sorry OP for making a tangent in your thread.
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Yum - I love quorn, will be trying this!:smile:
This discussion has been closed.