Jeff Galloway

Options
Anybody use his system to train for a marathon, 1/2, 10K or 5K? I am really intrigued!! Would love to hear from anyone who has used his system of walk/run.!!:happy:

Replies

• TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Anybody use his system to train for a marathon, 1/2, 10K or 5K? I am really intrigued!! Would love to hear from anyone who has used his system of walk/run.!!:happy:
  • TNTPete
    Options
    So -- no one?:ohwell:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I trained for a marathon with USA Fit. They use a run/walk program very similar to what Galloway advocates. I injured my knee on my final training run (21 miles) and so I never finished the marathon. The run/walk system took me a little while to get used to. It seemed disruptive to the natural rhthym of running. I got used to it after a while and even began to enjoy my one minute breaks. I found training with a group to be very helpful. If you can find a group using Galloway's plan in your area, I would definitely recommend it.

JD
  • TNTPete
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! I will see -- I find I LOVE intervals so it seems more up my alley for treadmill training. Right now, toooo hot for outside training. So, again, thanks!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Jeff Galloway is a GOD! I worship the ground he runs on...

All his programs are great - his books are well written and very easy to read.

I 100% encourage you to follow the program that is right for you.