Need to lose 12 lbs and I can't find the motivation :(

Options
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the site, I've been logging on for the past 10 days hoping to become more aware of what I ate and find motivation to keep to the 1200 calories a day, but I'm afraid there is still something missing.

I've always struggled with my weight. I love to eat and enjoy food and I have to admit I do a lot of comfort eating. I've never had huge meals but I like eating all day long!

During muy teenage years I was 20 kgs (40lbs) over my ideal weight, I was miserable but I managed to lose it. All thorough my 20s I managed to keep the weight off but now I'm 32 and it's slowly creeping back. I'm 6 kgs (12 lbs) over my ideal weight. I feel terrible for complaining about how difficult it is to lose the extra weight, especially when I compare myself to some heroes and heroines out there who have lost so much more. But I just need some help!

I think that not having to lose so much weight is a good thing but at the same time it somehow has prevented me from taking things seriously. Although I am not as happy as I used to be ( I love clothes and I don't fit into any of my old clothes!) I am also not miserable. This then causes me to fall in my own trap of needing to "accept" the extra weight but I just don't want to give up. I still remember the feeling of looking forward to the day and just wondering what I would wear, I remember it being fun! I did not have to worry about what looked ok. I can't do that anymore. And it is of course a vanity thing but it is also a financial issue. I cannot just buy new clothes every time I put on weight!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I was hoping to find that "something" that will click in and make me take this seriously. I know I'm not far from my goal and I should not complain. :(

Thanks!

I'm so impressed by all of your successes!

Replies

• jdpet
    jdpet Posts: 17
    Options
    my mantra is "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"....... everytime i think about eating something, i say that to myself. Try it!