Strategies for dealing with caloric food in social situation

Options
****nb-I have posted the relevant blog entry in a different thread because the blog link hasn't been working.

I made my blog postings on strategies for social eating public, and I'd love to hear your feedback:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheLaser

Please feel free to add into the comments your own strategies for dealing with the high calorie pressure of social eating situations -restaurants, work gatherings, the general culture of going out to eat, etc. I'm hoping to learn from other people more strategies for dealing with those uncomfortable situations when you know you'll want/need to eat and/or there may not be good choices available. And if I can help others with these ideas, all the better!

I'm on a 1200/day (+ exercise calories) diet right now, so I'd especially like to hear from people on a similar regime and who are emphasizing plants, whole grains, and beans in their diets.

Thanks!

PS I never noticed the word "feed" in feedback... that's very appropriate given the focus of this site!

Replies

• Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I cant get the link to load the blog.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your link but was not able to get to your blog. =( It sounds like we are on the same regime right now. When I know I am going out socially, I will work out that day to let me splurge a little bit, eat lighter during the day and just make healthier choices for meals. I know that I eat a lot less than I used to but I don't kill myself over doing it once in a while.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't know why the link isn't working. I put the blog viewing settings at "My Fitness Pal Members Only," which I'm guessing 99% of us on these forums are. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    guess the whole thing is about making good choices but if ya slip up once and awhile I think it is consided human and think we have all been there and wil go there agian ...