Heart Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it, my only complaint is it doesn't have how long I've exercised and calories burned on the screen whilst I'm exercising, but it's easy enough to find out so it's not a huge problem for me.

With the FT7, you can switch from screen to screen to see how long you have been working out, to your current heart rate, to how many calories you have burned so far. Then, when you are done with the session, you see what your average and max heart rate is.

You can do that with the FT4 as well, it wasn't a major gripe, just an observation.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I asked lots of friends on MFP and at my gym before I bought mine, and Polar was the most recommended. I bought the FT7 (because I can swim with it) and I love it! I paid $110 (before taxes and the warranty), which was a lot of money, but it is SO worth it!!!
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 & I love it! :wink: Will not exercise w/o it. It tells me how many calories burned, duration of activity, how long in target heart zone, my max HR & avg. HR. The chest strap is comfortable & adjustable. Hope you find one that suits your needs. Having an accurate account of calories burned is instrumental in our weight loss journey. :smile:
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the sportline duo, around $80 at ****s. Started out with the cheaper version from Walmart and it didn't work after a week and they are non returnable. Spend the money for the better one. It took me a couple times and a good 1/2 hour study with the manual to figure it out but I wouldn't exercise with out it now.

I had to return mine, a couple weeks after I bought it, it was very sporadic about finding my heart rate for some reason. it would work well one day and not at all the next. I hope you are having better luck with yours! I was bummed that it wasn't working right! I also had to really study the manual to figure out how to work it! LOL It wasn't very intuitive at first!