Pedometer Readings

JennNoble
JennNoble Posts: 1
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
What would be a good way to log daily pedometer readings? I have one that shows calories burned, but I didn't know what to log it under so it doesn't affect anyone else. Also should I count for cleaning and things of that nature since I have a pedometer. Seeing as it only tracks the calories I burn for the steps I take

Replies

• bump
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    You have to real careful counting calories on your pedometer. Most people wear their pedometer all day and track their steps for the entire day. You don't want to do that on this website, because it already gives you your calories based on your activity level. If you wear you pedometer to work you are double counting.
  • dyerdl17
    dyerdl17 Posts: 9
    I would try this to convert into calories. Then log.

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc3.htm

If the pedometer is taking into account the number of steps while doing those activies then just log the steps. The only way I'd add the other activities would be if I wasn't wearing the counter while doing them. Or if you want to have the other activities taken into account you should look into buying a body bugg on EBay or something.

If you are using a pedometer then I would change activity level to sedentary since the site figures in the average persons calorie expenature. Or you could remove those from you pedometer walking calorie calculations. Then you would be just adding what you did above n beyond the average.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    You have to real careful counting calories on your pedometer. Most people wear their pedometer all day and track their steps for the entire day. You don't want to do that on this website, because it already gives you your calories based on your activity level. If you wear you pedometer to work you are double counting.

My understanding is that count you get does not take into account any activity. I wear my pedometer all day and log my activity at the end of the day and my results are in line with my weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.