what is your favorite veggie?

Options
peacehawk
peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
What is your favorite vegetable, and how do you prepare it? I'm looking for inspiration to fit more veggies into my day. I'm also deciding what is going into my garden, want to try some new things. :bigsmile:

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Peppers! more importantly jalapeno and pablano...I love cooking with them. Remove the seeds and their is more flavor that can be added to any dish...perfect with egg whites!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i love fresh green beans. i usually sautee them with a little olive oil, lite season salt and pepper and i usually add mushrooms with it. that is my favorite veggie side (and my 5 year old loves it)
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple: steamed broccoli with lemon pepper. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I adore Broccoli. I love it tossed in a wok in a stir fry!
  • grumpyswife123
    Options
    I love most veggies but my favorite lately has been broiled asparagus.

Lightly coat the bottom of a cookie sheet with olive oil
    add cleaned asparagus cut in 1" pieces
    add with salt and pepper to taste
    broil for about 10 min. keep an eye on them so they don't burn
    sprinkle with balsamic vinegar
    enjoy
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daikon! It's best cooked down in some organic low-sodium shoyu and water...amazing!!!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers. They add crunch and freshness to any meal. Slice and sprinkle with salt, add to sandwiches, add to salad, or just crunch by itself.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    sprouts, just plain old boiled
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    jicama ... cold and sliced julian in a salad, red peppers, also love cooking with jalapeno and pablano peppers
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Broccoli. I boil water, then put the cleaned/cut broccoli in for 3 minutes. Drain, place in bowl with a little Earth Balance butter. Or Mrs. Dash. Or any seasoning you like!

Asparagus is great brushed with a little olive oil, sprinkled with S/P or other seasoning, then grilled. Even my 5 year old loves it!
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can't choose but I love :love: onions, sweetcorn and Chilli Peppers all equally:happy:
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love sugar snap peas, but only raw, and especially if they're dipped in hummus mmm!
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    wait just remembered potatoes ok I do have a veg I love above the others I keep potatoes in my life by having a handful of baby new potatoes sometimes with dinner usually meat and some more veg on the side. Or I have jacket potatoes :tongue:
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    Zuchinni and asparagus. Oh and if peas count those top everything!
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    BROCCOLLI AND CORGETTES NOMM!!!
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    BROCCOLLI AND CORGETTES NOMM!!!
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you are not a big veggie fan then roast veg is the way to start! I roast sweet potato, parsnip, red onion, carrots, red pepper or whatever I have in the fridge
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    What are corgettes?
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Raw carrots....dont cook em. And corn is amazing!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    BROCCOLI!!!!!!!