Can you sleep in anymore?

Options
Is it just me or since I have lost weight, I just can't sleep in......:grumble: I've been up since 630. I just that is a good thing.

Just wondering if anyone else is now an early bird?

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or since I have lost weight, I just can't sleep in......:grumble: I've been up since 630. I just that is a good thing.

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is... I used to NEVER sleep in... but I've been "training", and have gotten pretty good at it lately.. hee hee... got up when J left for work this morning, though, and didn't go back to sleep. (shrugs)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ever since I became a mom....there is NO SUCH THING...sigh....but its good cuz I likes the mornings! woot!:bigsmile:

hugs!
    Ali
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i love sleeping in
    though i can only do it at my parents place for some reason (stupid housemates who slam the door at fricken 6am!!!:explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble: )

anywho... at my parents place i usually go to bed when they do (8:30-9:30pm)
    and dont wake up until anywhere from 8:30-10
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oh how I miss sleeping in:yawn: But I guess I shouldn't complain my daughter doesn't wake till about 8 but she still wakes in the middle of the night :grumble:
    My advise if you don't have kids sleep in now:wink:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Trust me I have kids that are at the age where they sleep in ( 7, 11 & 17). Just one day I would like to sleep in past 7am....:happy: :laugh: :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    What's sleeping in mean??? I get up at 5:30 AM, just to use a "piece" of quiet. My son refuses to sleep past 6:00 AM. Bribes, threats, screaming, pleading, crying, begging...nothing will get him to listen and go back to bed. So I kick him at LEAST to his room until 7:30 AM...but by then...I'm already annoyed, so why bother.

Ya, I haven't slept for 11 years. UGGGG!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've always been a morning person....by that I mean getting up by 9:00 in HS/college when my friends were all sleeping until 12:00
    BUT being a mom for a 3 and 4 yr old I haven't slept late in 4 1/2 yrs...
    I'm dreaming of the day I can sleep past 7:00
    On a positive note, my kids get me up early and I usually hit the treadmill by 6:00-6:30...get my work-out of the way :)

Kim
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I pretty much despise changing my state of conscienceness. If I am awake, I hate to go to sleep, but if I am asleep then I hate to wake up.

So yes, I can sleep in, though not like I could a few years ago. 10:00 or thereabouts is about the latest I sleep anymore. (Though Manda isn't overly pleased when I sleep past her, and generally likes to make sure I am up with her, even if her waking me is in the guise of just 'giving me a hug')
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I do NOT... I'll stop giving you hugs, then... *sniffle*
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Even though I can if I want to, I don't. Partly because I like my morning routine (during the work week) to go at a leisurely pace, and partly because I seem rested enough to wake up at an earlier hour (on weekends).
    Sleeping in, to me, is a matter of opinion. To someone like a baker, 6:30 am would be considered 'sleeping in'.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Umm, yes! I will sleep as late as I can on days I have nothing to do. I have to be at work at 7:00 so I go to bed around 10 and get up around 5:30 during the week, but on weekends - I can totally sleep til 9 or 10. I recognize that I should enjoy it now before I have kids!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The latest I can sleep in on my sleep in day (Saturday) is around 7:00 a.m. I'm so programmed to get up at 5:00 every morning during the week to go to work and on Sunday it's 6:00 a.m. to go to church. :ohwell: I can't sleep later than that except this morning I managed to stay in bed until 7:50 because I didn't go to bed last night until after 1:00 a.m. Still I look forward to my Saturday morning sleep in. :bigsmile:
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    With 2 boys at the age of 10, sleeping in to me is 7:00am. :grumble:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I.....LOVE.....SLEEPING

It's like .. a hobby lol

My son is wonderful and sleeps in but even if he doesn't he's old enough I don't have to worry about him getting into things.Lastnight I went to bed at 2:30am got up at 11am. Most days during the week , if I have daycare kids Im up at 6am, if I dont I get up at 9 with hubby to take him to work. Weekends I sleep til I wake up or until I smell coffee brewing :tongue:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I am decidedly NOT a friggin Morning Person, nor do I ever intend to be! :noway: But... now that I am no longer (gasp!) a teenager, or twenty, or thirty of fourty somethin (gawd, I am an old fart :huh: ) my best is about 10am. My wonderful wiff, however, IS a chipper rise n shine type :smooched: . And yes, that was sumpn to do with the kids, (no longer at home) and the fact that she simply is a very light sleeper.
    So, what we do, is each enjoy our own personal time, hers, after she gets up, and before I do... Mine is at night after she goes to bed, and I stay up for a bit. So it's all good.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I am decidedly NOT a friggin Morning Person, nor do I ever intend to be! :noway: But... now that I am no longer (gasp!) a teenager, or twenty, or thirty of fourty somethin (gawd, I am an old fart :huh: ) my best is about 10am. My wonderful wiff, however, IS a chipper rise n shine type :smooched: . And yes, that was sumpn to do with the kids, (no longer at home) and the fact that she simply is a very light sleeper.
    So, what we do, is each enjoy our own personal time, hers, after she gets up, and before I do... Mine is at night after she goes to bed, and I stay up for a bit. So it's all good.

We do that except I go to bed at 12 , him at 1-2, then he gets up and makes coffee then wake me , lol He's a night owl and well I just love my sleep. At least Im not violent anymore whe he wakes me :embarassed:
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am a rise and shine type of girl. I look to get my work out in before it gets hot, and I like to get any major house work in before my three year old wakes up. I go to bed by 10 though, so I'm not a late night person. The last time I slept in was on our summer vacation and that was until 9:30-a rarity.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Yes, I've experienced the same thing. You're up early, feel rested and have lots of energy to meet the day. I think it is a combination of sleeping more soundly due to good nutrition and exercise, and also your metabolism accelerating. You've cleaned the toxins out of your body and it's the opposite of a hangover.

I know there is a voice inside saying " what the heck, this isn't me", but just relax and enjoy the ride it's a great thing.

Congratulations on getting "well".