stupid question about taking measurements

Options
ok, so how do i take my measurements? naked? with underwear on? with clothes on? chest is around breasts right? and waist, is that right under chest or around belly button?

i know, it should be common sense but i just want to make sure im doing it right

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    As long as you are consistent it really doesn't matter. I always take my breast measurements in my bra my pants and shirts dont add too much so i leave my clothes on i measure my waist at the smallest point which for me is below the rib cage above the belly button
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I generally take mine naked, with the exception of a bra because I measure bust and under bust (like in a bra fitting). As for the waist, typically they want natural waist. If you don't know where that is, bend over to the side. Where you see a crease form is your natural waist. I measure that and my bellybutton waist.
  • amyelizabethrn75
    Options
    when i'm taking my measurements I make sure I am wearing the same outfit every time and write details down of the location i take the measurement..... I just try to keep it consistent!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Not a stupid question b/c I'm never sure where the "waist" measurement is supposed to be either. Like they say you're at bigger risk for heart disease if your waist is over 35 inches. It would make a big difference whether that's below the rib cage or across my "had three kids and three c-sections" stretched out belly! : 0
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I do it naked. Measure just below the nipples, around the belly button, around the middle bicep, around neck, around mid thigh.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not a stupid question. You are not the only one wondering these things :-) Fo me, I do my measuring without any clothing on and I keep the places I measure consistent by using natural markings (or not natural like scars or tatts) on my body as a guide for where I measure. I do my waist at the belly button because that's the biggest area of my body that needs to shrink. And chest is around the breasts for me because that's where I'm losing the fastest. I will do under the breasts soon though because I'm in need of a new bra :grumble:
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have my hubby measure me in my bra and undies. I do my waist at my belly button..........not sure is that is correc or not but at least I am consistant lol
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    I measure with clothes on as I do it at the gym (may be a bit scary if I was in my underwear :tongue: )

I do chest - the tape goes across my nipple line (with a bra on)

Waist - the tape goes across my belly button.

Hips - this is a hard one. Put your arms at your side and measure where your thumb is (if that makes sense)