help i don't want to stop drinking coffee!

Options

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee black, or with a tiny (splash!) of 1% milk, for 15 calories. Black coffee isn't the greatest for your teeth according to my dentist, so I use the milk most of the time.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! i think i'm finally ready ditch the Hersheys syrup wish me luck!!!!

try a little cocoa powder...
    chocolate=good,
    sugar=bad
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    plain regular coffee has like 10 cals.
  • Pretty_n_Pink
    Options
    Black is best. It actually taste good (the way it's supposed to). I used to drink coffee with lots and lots of creamer, but can't even stomach the taste now days. I know there are a lot of suggestions about sweetners, artificial flavors, but be careful using those. They have a lot of chemicals that your body does not need, and they could hinder your weight loss.
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    To sweeten naturally you could use a little honey or maple syrup. They still have a few calories, but less than chocolate, and no chemicals like the artificial sweeteners. A little of either of these goes a long way, so for a couple shots espresso you would only need like 1/2 tsp to sweeten it up!
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    To sweeten naturally you could use a little honey or maple syrup. They still have a few calories, but less than chocolate, and no chemicals like the artificial sweeteners. A little of either of these goes a long way, so for a couple shots espresso you would only need like 1/2 tsp to sweeten it up!

Also, iced coffee is very low cal and drinking it cold cuts thru the bitter taste of coffee sometimes. I take a cup of iced coffee (toddy at most coffee shops), 1 tbsp maple syrup, and a dash of soy milk. Super delicious and refreshing for very little calories.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I drink my coffee with Sugar-Free French Vanilla creamer made by CoffeMate..only 15 calories per 2TBS...its worth it to me.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love me some coffee in the morning! I drink about 16 oz with 2 oz of heavy whipping cream with 8 drops of EzSweetz and a tablespoon of coconut oil! I like my coffee sweet and creamy! (By the way I am an Atkins gal.)
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Personally I loooove me a simple long black (so strong and delicious!) or a macchiato, neither with sugar. I will occasionally have a vanilla ice coffee too if I can get away with the calories.

If you're used to having sugar/creamer, it can be hard to get used to but you can slowly reduce and reduce til you only need a little sugar, and then eventually none. Trust me, your tastebuds will adjust, and then it will taste amazing to you. Bitter and full of depth and amazing. Damn I want a coffee now :p. Can you tell I'm addicted? Lol.

Alternatively just a skinny latte or similar?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up coffee. I have mine with 3TBSP of sugar free creamer in the morning.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I take my regular coffee with a pinch of sugar and a tablespoon of flavoured creamer. I log it and it really doesn't put the slightest dent into my diary. I haven't had to sacrifice coffee drinks at all!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Skim or 2% and splenda... Try adding cinnimon to it for extra flavor. I like my coffee sweet too :)
  • fraser9700
    Options
    There ar great sugar free sauces and syrups on the market. Caramel sauce is easily the best for me. That said my coffee tastes havde matured to a point now that I love full bodied black coffee something nutty gives me that taste enjoyment.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black NO sugar.

The sugar and creamer just ruin it.

You will get used to it black, you will actually hate it with sugar in short order.

this is how my wife likes her coffee.

(FYI: I'm her coffee)

Too Funny!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi
    there are flavored Agave syrups out there that have less calories, and are easier for your body to digest...... Some of them might work for you.
    You've gotten great advice about reducing sugar and creamers.
    For me... it's the freshmadeness of coffee that affects whether or not I can drink it black. If I make some coffee in my senseo I can easily drink it black- bc it's not bitter at all. However, at our diner on Saturday ams.... if the coffee isn't freshmade, then I feel the need to doctor it up a bit to hide the sweetness.
    Good luck!
    ~maddymama
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    But to answer your question I have coffe about 100 different ways for very few calories.

I use splenda when desperate.

I usually add ice and skim milk and cinnamon.

If I want something blended I blend coffee, ice, and 1 tblspn of yogurt and either some sugar or splenda. (or very little -read a teaspoon- of chocolate syryp.)

black often does the trick too. You can always work on decreasing the sugar/chocolate in your coffee by increments, so like 1 tablespoon this week, 3/4 or a 1/2 next week, then on down. You will gradually adjust.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    hello, i was wondering if anyone had any low cal. coffee drinks? I usually have a couple shots of espresso with loads of hershey's syrup so its not the best. So, if anyone has any suggestion that would be great!:smile:

don't.

add milk. the body needs fat and the sugars/carbs found in dairy are good.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like using the sugar free DaVinci syrups to sweeten and flavor coffee and other drinks. They come in flavors like caramel, vanilla, creme de menthe, raspberry, and others. I get them at Sam's Club or Walmart. They have Splenda in them, about which there are plenty of other threads, so let's leave that. When I want a mocha drink, I add a packet of no sugar added hot chocolate.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I buy flavored coffee (french vanilla, chocolate, hazelnut), and add 1 tsp of fat free half and half (10 cals), and a little bit of stevia (natural sweetener). You could use Splenda or another kind, too! :)
    Totally (but don't use Splenda!!!)! Or you can use flavoured Agave as sweetener (it's natural and low GI). This new brand has all kinds of coffee flavours:

http://www.madhavasagave.com/Products.aspx

Maple, Blueberry, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Irish Creme, Amaretto, Raspberry
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If its that lovely coffee and chocolate combo that you are after, add an envelope of light instant hot chocolate! I love it!