Am I NUTS?

suzooz
suzooz Posts: 720 Member
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
So I decided yesterday to host the Easter Celebraton for my family. Granted, it will be just a party of 7, but I am single and don't entertain at all. And the house hasn't been through the "spring cleaning." My mom used to clean the house for WEEKS before inviting anyone over, and here I am with a week, and there's TONS to do. Plus, I have totally forgotten how to cook! YIKES!

Am I crazy?

I guess I will have to feverously clean the house! ! (and yes, cleaning the house will have to count this week! :laugh:

Replies

• ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    You can do it and once everything is completed you will be so proud of yourself!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    you are nuts :oP & there is a reason MFP has cleaning listed under cardio! ♥ good luck!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Good luck. But yes you are nuts and impressively brave.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Think of all the calories you'll burn cleaning!
  • have any friends that own you a favor lol or just plain luv you enough to help????♥♥♥
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    My mom used to clean the house for WEEKS before inviting anyone over, and here I am with a week, and there's TONS to do.

My mom has this gene too. Thankfully, I didn't inherit it. While I hate living in filth and squalor, working full time with four pets and 2 kids, the house is going to be a mess most of the time. I will clean before guests come, but I don't dust the fan blades and base boards and clean windows. I DO however, notice the dirty fan blades, dusty baseboards, and cobwebby windows of other people's houses... thanks, Mom.

Check out allrecipes.com for some different crowd pleasing recipes! People rate them on a scale of 1-5 stars so you'll know how easy and tasty they are (or aren't). Can't promise all recipes are healthy though!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    You're not nuts, but you can make yourself nuts if you're not careful! :)

I think it's great that you are hosting, and not a better time to serve than on Easter! =) ... I hope all goes well, and don't stress yourself out too much ... if you had a mother that cleaned for weeks before hosting then you're high-risk for hosting stress. lol ... just what you can, keep it simple, and ENJOY yourself too! It's about celebration, not stress so best of wishes to you. :)

~Matt
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Thanks for all of the support! My dog was hiding under the table all night -- I guess she's never seen me clean before! LOL
This discussion has been closed.