I could fit more than my ankle in!!!!

Options
Terriwin
Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
So, as a reward for making it out of the "obese" category and into the "overweight" category, I went window shopping at Macy's. Of course, I spent most of my time in my favorite department: INC.

I wanted to see if I could fit into the next size down. I've already committed to not buying anything until I lose another 5 lbs. I was happy to learn that I could fit into the next size down pretty comfortably - size 12, which is a milestone for me. For fun, I decided, I'm going to try a size 10 - just to see...

OMG! I got more than my ankle in. In fact, I was able to get them on and button them (but they were tight). I was so excited. I tried on different styles and cuts just to make sure it was true. Now I feel, maybe with another 10 lbs, I will be able to wear this size. To give you all a little perspective, when I started my weight loss journey, I wore a size 20, so this is exciting news for me.

I also spied a gorgeous tennis dress. So, I've named this item as my 10 lb mini-goal gift. I'll buy it in a size 10. Yay!!!

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Congrats on your accomplishments and all the hard work you have put in!! Good job!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great feeling :drinker:
  • moyyster
    moyyster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Pat yourself on the back!!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thats great news! I know the feeling! I took out my favorite pair of jeans (super old, probably 12+ plus years, frayed bottom, when it was cool to cut the hems off and let them fray naturally). They are perfectly worn in, super comfy with worn out holes in all the right spots! I never thought I would wear them again 2 kids later! I took them out and actually got them on and buttoned! I was so psyched....I wouldnt wear them (YET) because they are tight and I would probably make those holes bigger with a quick bend over and ruin them! But my new goal is to get into those Jeans and have room to bend! Woo-Hoo for ever changing goals!
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you. I love INC @ Macy's too. Best of luck on reaching your next goal!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats you totally deserve it and please post pics when you get your new tennis dress :)
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    How exciting! Congrats, keep it up :-)
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    go for that mini goal dress! good for you. I know you felt great, grinning from ear to ear as you tried on the different pieces. keep up the good work.
  • neffle75
    neffle75 Posts: 22
    Options
    Very inspiring! Keep up the good work! I hope to be in your shoes soon!
  • shelbert13
    Options
    Soooooo excting!!!! Congrats!
  • adams4101
    adams4101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is very motivational for me!! I was in a 24 when I started and now am down to a 20, but I tried on an 18 just to see and they fit too, but tight. It still made me feel good!!! Congratulations!! :)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    hehe yay congrats! I love the emotion in your post! :-D Very exciting!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    Congrats! I'm sure that tennis dress will look amazing on you!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Very exciting!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Good work- and I KNOW it is work!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good job! You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jen21676
    jen21676 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations! I love how you have your shopping rewards! :smile:
  • orierie113
    Options
    Congrats...I so know the feeling...I was in size 18....Went to buy some new jeans 14's were to big and lo and behold a 12 fit and was only slightly loose. Couldnt believe it so I tried a 10. Apparently my muscular thighs wouldnt allow it for shorts, but for pants I just couldnt get them buttoned....I am basking in your happiness. We'll get there sooner than you know. Its a great feeling...Let us know how the dress works for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!