Scale wars...

Options
2»

Replies

• angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and find that it actually helps me not put as much credit in the numbers and for the most part I can usually predict what the number is going to be based on what I ate and the amount of working out that I have done. It has helped me learn my body. I only "count" it once a week but I check in every morning,
  • terriyonkers42
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I also weigh myself at the gym and the supermarket scale. I am obsessed with my weight. When I see a lose my day is great. When I gain I ignore it and eat more protein that day. Protein helps me get over the plateaus. :smile: :
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I think it's just fascinating seeing how one can gain or lose pounds in a day... the overall trend should still be towards weight loss, so I don't freak out if one day I see I "gained" a couple of pounds.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    if i am not busy i weigh almost daily, i noticed if i do it weekly that i dont keep myself in check. i even gain if i do it weekly.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    me and my scale have a love hate relationship. lol
    I do weigh in almost every morning but I only officially record the number once a week. Good or bad Friday morning is the day.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    I weigh every morning. And only record when I lose =) It keeps me motivated and makes me more aware of what I'm eating through out the day because the last thing I want to see first thing in the AM is a gain.

I love this idea, seems like it would keep you motivated. I've been weighing daily but recording each week. Once I see that new number if I don't see it again the next day then I want to work hard to go get it again- and hope that on my 'weigh in day' that magical number has not gone illusive and I have to record one quite a bit higher.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    In theory I believe in the once a week weigh in, but always want to sneak in a preview. So I definitely weigh more often.

Although, I'm kind weird... I won't record my loss until I've maintained that for 3 days at least in a row.

I can't stand the idea of the humiliation of having to post a gain.
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yupppp, I'm also obsessed lol. I weigh myself several times a day, but it really helps me stay on track (otherwise, I'd forget to weigh myself on a regular basis) and learn how my body holds on to water weight and whatnot. I write down about 2-3 of those numbers every day on a calendar I have in my bathroom just so I can keep a running tab. then, on MFP I used to only check-in whenever I lost weight and kept it off for a few days, but now I'm trying to "officially" weigh in and take measurements every Friday morning for consistency! =)
  • Zakth
    Zakth Posts: 37
    Options
    I have weighed in each morning after waking up before getting dressed and have noticed a daily drop of weight with the exception of this morning where I somehow went up two pounds from the previous day... yikes! Not sure what the reason, perhaps it was because the day before I went back to the gym for the first time and lifted weights. Anyhow, I think weighing in each day helps me to keep myself on track.
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I tried not weighing everyday, and I really just plopped big time. Same issue as others, it gave me license to eat like crap. So I weigh every morning same time. Somedays the scale is up a pound just because of a little water or whatever, I don't let it get me. Then after a few days the scale moves again...its all good.

Keeps me honest...and focused.

Blessings,

Diane
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Most days, but not every day. And I know that it's like the value of shares on the stock market - can rise as well as fall!

I only record it when it 's a new low.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning, but I only record the weight on Mondays. Except for this Monday, because I ate like crap last week and am gonna be having a visitor this week if ya catch my drift...
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a daily weigher, but I only log my weight weekly.
    I like to make sure I'm on the right track.
    If I see the scale move up, I know i need to fix something.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    wow, i am surprised at how many people weigh themselves daily!:noway: I (personally) find it becomes too much of an obsession if i do it daily so doing it every other day keeps me in tab with an official recorded once a week weigh in. :wink: