Bananas????

Options
Can someone explain to me the advertisement that says not to eat bananas? Really? A banana?

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i haven't seen the advertisement...i'm restricting my banana intake because they're awfully high in sugar...but i'll still eat one here and there because a) i love them and b) i need potassium!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the same. I think it's because the diet they are advertising says banana's are loaded with sugar. And of course sugar isn't good for you. But it's natural sugar so I think a bit of banana is good for you because the benefits outweigh the sugar. Just my opinion.

Hope this helps
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I limit my intake of bananas due to the sugar, even though it's natural. I usually eat a lot of berries, as the sugar content is much lower.
  • debbie90045
    Options
    Can someone explain to me the advertisement that says not to eat bananas? Really? A banana?

I'm so glad you posted this! I was wondering the same thing.

I just started MFP and have had a few bananas, I can tell already they are something I will limit because of sugars. Not because of the ad though :-)
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Really I love bananas. i don't eat them daily, and don't mind the sugars, although it is higer than i would like, its better than that amount in candy or other less healhy option, I would assume. (and I type this as I am eating my homemade banana bread :blushing: )