Help did not lose this week

Options
I had a great week. Stayed at my 1200 except for one day. Not sure how far over I went but could not have been to bad. Also rode my bike the next day and did not eat even close to all my "extra" exercise calories--most days I cannot eat that much! Today I did my weekly weigh in and despite feeling great did not lose weight this week. I am going to stay focused--but it was really frustrating!!

54589.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• skinnyjweb
    Options
    I had a great week. Stayed at my 1200 except for one day. Not sure how far over I went but could not have been to bad. Also rode my bike the next day and did not eat even close to all my "extra" exercise calories--most days I cannot eat that much! Today I did my weekly weigh in and despite feeling great did not lose weight this week. I am going to stay focused--but it was really frustrating!!

54589.png
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    the reason why you didnt lose weight may be because you DIDNT eat the extra exercise calories, it slows down your metabolism because your body feels like its starving, and then you stop losing weight
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    You could also be building muscle, which weighs more than fat, or retaining water.

Don't worry about not losing one week. Weight bounces up and down a few pounds naturally. Just hang in there and make sure your not eatin too little and get plenty of fiber and water.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    1200 calories isn't enough for you either.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options

54589.png
    I am sure others will tell you, but you are not eating enough!!! You have to eat to lose, especially if you are burning quite a few calories exercizing. I know it might seem scary, but TRY IT FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK, eating some if not MOST of your exercise calories.....TRUST ME!
    Kathey
  • msabby8562
    Options
    also, if you are close to your menstral cycle ,you could retain more water weight
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat those exercise calories as everyone has said but also try measuring as well as weighing. Some weeks I don't lose lbs but I lose half an inch or so :)
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    That's okay! It is a journey and you'll have those times.
    Measurement is the best way to tell, scales are deceiving. :devil:

Keep on keepin' on!!!! It will pay off for you :flowerforyou:

46897.png
  • skinnyjweb
    Options
    THANK YOU all for the great support.