its ok eat bananas and whole wheat bread???

Options
I've been consuming 1000 calories a day and jogging for 1 hour 6 days a week
thats not enough and i really need to increase my daily intake
But I dont really know what i should eat
I eat everyday chicken, whole wheat bread, yogurt, fruit, veggies.
My favorites are whole wheat bread and bananas.
Is that okay increase my intake by eating more bananas, whole wheat bread and cereal bars? (2 bananas, 3 slices of whole wheat bread and 2 cereal bars) ??
This way I would definitely increase it and keep eating stuff I like.

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You could add some nutella to your banana and that would add 100 calories per Tablespoon. Banana w/ nutella sanwiches are yummy! I understand wanting to stay with what you like but try to branch out a little.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some sort of protein? Some peanut butter or almond butter on the bread? Thin sliced apples and peanut butter make a pretty good (and crunchy) sandwich. Bread and bananas are just carbs, try to keep the nutrition balanced.
  • happysmurf69
    happysmurf69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1000 calories ? have you been put on this by a doctor ? i would look at increasing to at least 1200. if your runnign everyday you need to fuel your body I would limit your bananas and bread to much carbs look at balancing your diet with high protein breakfast to give you the energy you need through the day plus it helps you feel fuller for longer, Have a light lunch you can make some great salads witch are really filing and light on the calories make sure you have some protein for dinner.

Breakfast

* 2 egg whites made into an omlette with 1/2 cup chopped spinach, tomato, mushroom pieces)
    * 8 small/medium strawberries with 1/2 cup plain fat free yogourt.
    * (Total: 150 cals)

Lunch

* Spinach salad with 1/2 cup broccoli and carrot, grated, 10 cherry tomatos, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup black beans, and 1/3 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese. 2 tbsp balsamic vinagrette.
    * (Total: 420 calories)

Dinner

* 4 oz lean pork, BBQ'd plain
    * 1 small baked (BBQ) potato with 1 tbsp salsa and 1 tbsp fat free sour cream.
    * 8 stalks grilled asparagus
    * (Total: 400 calories)

Snacks throughout the day / evening

1. 1 cup special K cereal (100 calories)
    2. 1 nectarine or peach

All Day total: 1140.
    this is one daily plan that I follow I found it on the web

I hope this helps :)
  • minnebama
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with a T. of almond butter and a banana. I look forward to it everyday. You just have to watch the sugars... bananas are full of them so I try not to eat more than one a day (and I so could, I LOVE them!)
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bananas and wheat bread are fine in moderation. They are high carb, though. For a calorie boost, I like to eat almonds, peanut butter (all natural), cheese, cottage cheese, or just add some olive oil veggie or other dish I am eating. It seems like the key to getting enough calories with out over-carbing is to eat more healthy fats.
  • terriyonkers42
    Options
    Carbs and fats need to stay low. Protein is the key. Incorporate protein at every meal, it cuts your hunger and does accelerate weight loss. Even if my calories are within range, if I don't eat enough protein I don't lose weight. Protein is the key, and offset with carbs.