Hi, I'm new. Anyone want to be friends?

Options
Hi everyone! It's my first day on this site and it's been great. It's a lot more organized and easier to work with. I just wanted to share my story.

I was always about 5-10 lbs overweight but it never really affected me. It was not until last year in my transition to University, I landed in a depression. I wasn't taking care of myself and ended up going from 135lbs to 163lbs in a matter of 3 months.

In January 2011 I decided that I needed to do something about my health, and since then I have lost 16lbs! I've kind of hit a plateau and still need to lose 27lbs.

Sorry for rambling! Feel free to share your experience or add me :)

Replies

• emyback68
    emyback68 Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You can send a friend request my way. This is a great site with tons of support and really great woman. Hope you find what you need to meet your goals! Good luck!
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey there, sounds like we're in a similar-ish situation and age group. Feel free to add me and we can help each other stay motivated! :)
  • pinkpowerrangerdede
    Options
    welcome! im pretty new too... i'm sending you a friend request! im no expert, but i've tried a lot of diet plans and i've been on diets for awhile,,, so i have some stories and some experience! ha ha ha... i would like to be friends! take care! :flowerforyou:
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You sound like me!! LOL....(not really funny...Im irritated about it...haha) I will add you!
  • NabzStar
    NabzStar Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I feel better already :happy: I think being on here will keep me motivated, thanks again :)
  • jess_ellen
    Options
    Welcome, I have found MFP a wonderful support. I have just sent a friend request
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck. With some determination and support I'm sure you can do this!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It sounds like you are doing really great. Send me a friend request. We can encourage and support each other.