Holidaying

sleepynite
sleepynite Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey I would like to seek advice on how to keep track of the cals while im on holiday. i always put on alot of weight during this trips =( any advice??

Replies

• snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Walk everywhere! Vacation in the mountains so you have to walk up hills all the time!
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    You're on holiday, so don't be too punitive to yourself. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full. Go on trips where you can walk a lot, go swimming every day if there's a pool, etc.

Make sure you enjoy yourself and don't get upset if you gain a couple of pounds. You don't go on holiday every week so have a good time and don't obsess over calories too much!
  • Keep track with the MFP app....It works great for me when Im away from home.
  • Thanks everyone for the advice. =)
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Yes, get the MFP app for your smart-phone if you have one, or get a little calorie counting book and track it on paper if not. Take a tape-measure and track your measurements instead of your weight while you are away, if it's for more than a week. If you don't want to waste limited holiday time tracking calories, you could try the "MealSnap" iPhone app instead: it's less accurate, but all you need to do is take photos of everything you eat and the app works out your approximate calories.
This discussion has been closed.