Easter - To egg or not to egg

Options
That is the question.

What does everyone plan to do this easter? are you going to eat to your little hearts content or be good little dieters?

I cant decide what I'm going to do. When not on a diet it's a holiday that my son and I really enjoy (hello chocolate who wouldn't love it).

When I started dieting again I really wanted to not be so strict with it this time, so that I could maintain it in the long run but I have been doing so well since starting that I don't know if I want to have one bad week for one days indulgence.

I really cant decide. Would love to here what your are planning?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    dont have this problem..i am a vegetarian and dont waste eggs like this..plus i'm atheist so dont celebrate this stuff anyways. there problem solved.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    dont have this problem..i am a vegetarian and dont waste eggs like this..plus i'm atheist so dont celebrate this stuff anyways. there problem solved.

I think OP means chocolate eggs...

I have an egg but I'll be counting it in my allowance, and spacing it out over a few days.
  • charmangel09
    Options
    Why not enjoy some chocolate but do some extra exercise? I think that's what I will do as there's no getting away from it as I know people will buy me eggs. Sometimes If people buy me too much chocolate, I will melt the chocolate and make chocolate cornflake cakes and share them with friends and family, that way I'm not eating it all alone and it's a fun Easter activity to do with children.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Yes i'll probably have one...theres something special about easter egg chocolate but it will last me, no need to be piggy... I've still got over half of my mothers day chocolate left (was 3rd april in the UK)
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    Psh, screw eggs. I'm so eating what I want that day. I don't plan on eating 3000 calories or anything close to it haha. But a few treats HELL YA I'm getting my fat girl on on Easter.
  • ohwhatanight
    Options
    Ive been trying to work this one out too. My only saving grace is that I dont think anyone will be giving me chocolate, so I might not get the choice!! I did ask my partner to buy me something else (a pair of earrings) instead, but in all honesty, I doubt he will remember/bother to get those either! Plus I am really trying hard to lose weight to get into a gorgeous dress in about 3 weeks time, so I wont be able to not be strict! : (, my thoughts are that there are always gonna be other easters, plus there are 364 other days in the year to eat chocolate, plus I KNOW I will ease off at my ladies night!!! : )
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Eat a little and work it off with my HRM :)
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    egg
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I'm having almost the same issue...I'm going away from Thurs-Mon and won't have my gym around, and won't have as much control over what is prepared to eat.

I plan on finding a way to burn calories, walking or something...and just being careful about what I eat...however, I gave ice cream up for lent...it's been almost 40 days without the stuff, so I definitely plan on eating some on Easter Sunday!!

Enjoy your holiday everyone...and to those who don't celebrate it, enjoy your Sunday :flowerforyou:
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some cupcakes and try not to have a ton of calories in them. Then, I'm going to cut them and shape them into the form of an egg, then decorate them like Easter eggs :)
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Close family not in the house are over 5000 klm away, so overabundance should not be a problem. Of 4 of us in the house, 3 are MFPers so gluttony should not be a problem :)

We all talked about it and decided if we are going to have a treat it's going to count. So we are going for top notch premium stuff but only 1 modest egg with a few extras.

We're going to have a XBox Kinect Sports tournament to work it off LOL
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    of course I'll have eggs!
    I wouldn't want to go without them!
    but not all at once.... I'll have till summer with my easter eggs ;-)

MM
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I eat the eggs and give the yolks to my dogs. Only 15 calories per egg that way! ;)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    def eat 1 but spread it out over a few days as 1 eggs is like a days calories:smile:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I eat the eggs and give the yolks to my dogs. Only 15 calories per egg that way! ;)

LOL the OP meant eggs of the chocolate variety during Easter! LOL

I have requested my other half doesnt buy me an egg. A friend bought my little girl an Easter gift which has a small egg in it which I will most definitely eat but not all at once. I will exercise it off as well
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am will wait and see how I feel on the day, I want to eat a little bit of chocolate so think that I will just make room for it in my diary but in the end it will depend on whether or not I can eat it without throwing up.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on moderation...try a little of everything I love.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty easily off the hook, no kids, no celebration, no candy so not much temptation, I do love the seasonal solid milk chocolate eggs with the candy shell but meh, probably not going to indulge as there is really no reason too. easter is not a big deal holiday for me, I'm much more of a thanksgiving / halloween type of girl....
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    My boyfriend has bought me a large Lindt Lindor egg! I think I'm gonna need to exercise a lot... :P
  • annarface
    annarface Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not having any chocolate, I don't want any, nor do I crave it, so I see no reason for me to have it because it's Easter. It'll be the first year without any eggs, haha. I'm still young so family/friends that usually get me eggs (I get like 10+ eggs a year -__-) offered to give me money instead, so I'll be able to go shopping and buy some new clothes with the money instead of eating chocolate which is a better alternative to me! (: