Does anyone use a natural appetite suppressant?

Options
I am feeling like I need something to stop my afternoon and eventing urges. There are so many horrifying stories about appetite suppressants. I don't want a racing heart or any of that stuff.
Has anyone tried Hoodia? I was thinking of getting the tea.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies

• willswife10
    Options
    Increase your fiber, it makes you feel fuller longer. Dont take any of the supplements that you see in the store. The fda does not regulate them and so the ingrediants on the bottle could actually be more or less than what it says.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I am feeling like I need something to stop my afternoon and eventing urges. There are so many horrifying stories about appetite suppressants. I don't want a racing heart or any of that stuff.
    Has anyone tried Hoodia? I was thinking of getting the tea.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My personal preference and recommendation would be to eat higher protein meals and snacks. This will satisfy your hunger longer and prevent you from having to supplement.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My personal preference and recommendation would be to eat higher protein meals and snacks. This will satisfy your hunger longer and prevent you from having to supplement.

^ This ^

One of my personal favorites lately has been cottage cheese. It's a great high protein, low calorie snack and is awesome when buddied up with some kind of fruit.
  • flyshuffle
    Options
    +1 on increasing protein and fiber intake. I try to have at least 30g of protein at each meal, and 10g at each snack. Keeps me pretty full throughout the day.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • KimberlyCaptivating
    Options
    All of the suggestions sound great, but I didn't see drinking water mentioned. When it's late at night, and I feel like I'm hungry (even though I know I'm not) I drink a glass of water. Granted, it's not a replacement for more protein or fiber during a meal, but it definitely can satiate that empty hunger feeling. At least, for me, anyway. :)
  • candlelady1
    candlelady1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    what is bump and what does it mean?
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    Here are some ideas you might be interested in! :)

http://failedpilot.com/589/natural-appetite-suppressant/