How did you break your plateau????????

Options
Any advice on what worked for you to break your plateau and see more results?
Help!!!!!!!!!!!

MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Any advice on what worked for you to break your plateau and see more results?
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!

MK
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I shocked my body by doing more of a workout instead of doing a run in the morning I would do a 6 mile in the morning and a 3 mile at night of a 6 mile run in the morning and a hike in the evening....
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Here you go--Banks posted this a couple weeks ago. It helped me break my 3 week-long plateau and has helped others as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I ate more... I don't think I was eating enough and so for 2-3 days I purposely ate 350 calories more than it said to eat, and lost weight.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I started doing a mini - HIIT workout twice a week (google it), and bumped up the length of all my other workouts by 20 minutes, all through the week.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I started eating more... and, believe it or not, actually scaled back my workouts a bit. I had been pushing myself too hard and I think my body was going into "self-preservation" mode.
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    The only way to stop your plateau is to completely change your routine whether it's:

resistance training
    cardiovascular
    eating

Something has to change because plateau tells these beautifully created bodies of ours knows how to adjust to challenge to prevent additional injury (which is what happens microscopically when we workout). Well, adjusting activities every few weeks prevents the body from adjusting completely so wee continue to get effects.

Tell me your routine and I'll have a better idea of how you may alter it to get increasing results.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Here you go--Banks posted this a couple weeks ago. It helped me break my 3 week-long plateau and has helped others as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

This is the greatest post it helped me twice break a plateau. :drinker: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    bump.gif