here from kansas!!!

msrn
msrn Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
i had my lap-band done 6-24-2008. i started at 266lbs and as of today i am 215lbs. i feel great, just have a long ways to go!!! i definately feel healthier and have more energy!!! that was the whole point of me having it done!!! everyone keeps saying that i look skinnier(which is nice to hear), but the main reason was to become healthier for me and my family. i just turned 32 on the 7th and i did not want to have all the health problems that being fat causes. i am an icu nurse and i see ALOT of side effects of being over weight.
just trying to meet new people. get new ideas on food to eat. i have been exercising 4-5 days a week. and something i never thought i would be able to do is run!!! i am so excited even though i am jiggling!!! i don't care though it feels good to finally be able to run. was wondering what some peoples diet and exercise consisted of??? love to hear new ideas!!!

Replies

• msrn
    msrn Posts: 2
    i had my lap-band done 6-24-2008. i started at 266lbs and as of today i am 215lbs. i feel great, just have a long ways to go!!! i definately feel healthier and have more energy!!! that was the whole point of me having it done!!! everyone keeps saying that i look skinnier(which is nice to hear), but the main reason was to become healthier for me and my family. i just turned 32 on the 7th and i did not want to have all the health problems that being fat causes. i am an icu nurse and i see ALOT of side effects of being over weight.
    just trying to meet new people. get new ideas on food to eat. i have been exercising 4-5 days a week. and something i never thought i would be able to do is run!!! i am so excited even though i am jiggling!!! i don't care though it feels good to finally be able to run. was wondering what some peoples diet and exercise consisted of??? love to hear new ideas!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome Marsha & congrats on your progress so far. :flowerforyou:

Lots of good info to be found around here & be sure to check in with the MFP Runner's Club! :smile:
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    I love :love: smoothies for breakfast, lunch, snacks: 1 cup of non-fat yogurt, few ice cubes ice cubes, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1/4 cup low fat milk, and some extra flavoring (vanilla, strawberry etc.) in the blender - easy to figure calories.
  • Glad to meet you.. I used to live in Kansas (St. Marys). Have a great day.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Welcome. I used to live in Junction City, KS. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.