A way TMI question.

Options
Ok forewarning .. im going to be quite blunt.
Ever since we started eating healthy me and my daughters poop has turned a green color, like you would see the color of a grass fed cows poo. Is this just because of the extra veggies? Or am i not getting enough of something?

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm no doctor....but those veggies (esp the green ones) will do it every time!!!
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ok ty i figured thats what it was but ever since ive become "mommy" i tend to worry about everything lol
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Haha, good question, which I actually looked into a long time ago. Embarrassed to say! It could be good or bad.

Good: certain supplements and veggies do turn your stool green even if they are not green in color. Veggies are the most common culprit. I also read that certain drinks with dark colors do so.
    Bad: 1) dehydration. With your increased work out have you increased your water intake? Be sure to do so. If not the dehydration could cause your stool be green. 2) your diet still contains a lot of sugar.

There are several other more extreme reasons, but those are the most common.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Probably some veggies in my opinion.
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Haha, good question, which I actually looked into a long time ago. Embarrassed to say! It could be good or bad.

Good: certain supplements and veggies do turn your stool green even if they are not green in color. Veggies are the most common culprit. I also read that certain drinks with dark colors do so.
    Bad: 1) dehydration. With your increased work out have you increased your water intake? Be sure to do so. If not the dehydration could cause your stool be green. 2) your diet still contains a lot of sugar.

There are several other more extreme reasons, but those are the most common.
    TY!! I app the info. I was afraid to look things up because when i do i almost always find a reason for why i might be dying lol. even if i just have a runny nose so i stay away from looking things up. i ususally get about 10-12 glasses of water every day and all my sugars come form fruits so i have a feeling it might be the veggies. ty that was very good stuff to learn
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    :D agree with them ^^ hugs