Big Step Backwards

Options
I took a big step backward this past week and for some reason this week is not starting off great either. I need all the support I can get because it seems like I am losing this battle and I hate to lose!

Replies

• rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Dont worry about it...everyone has done it including me! Keep looking forward and keep telling yourself..I WILL DO 30 Min today or whatever you are doing! Keep focused on ok if I eat this I have to record it...and I will see RED numbers! Good luck..you can do it! But dont worry about last week or yesterday...only look to today!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Well...I am also struggling...a buffet got the best of me....but today is another opportunity to make better choices. Starting my day with a wonderful walk. Oregon is experiencing some warm sunny days that we natives do not take for granted. Going to use the walking time to meditate and plan my menu for the rest of the week.

Going over my weeks diary and charting my bad choices in my head. I love myself to start again and bet you will do the same.
  • beastlye
    beastlye Posts: 37
    Options
    I had a terrible week too, but that's alright! Let's put it behind us and keep fighting the good fight! Yeesh, I didn't mean for that to rhyme and sound super lame...you get the idea, though. :) If you ever need words of encouragement, I'm here for ya!
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is gone, but today is still new and fresh! Just be sure to record everything...I find that helps me immensely - and keeps me in line.

And don't beat yourself up about the weekend - it happens to almost everyone on their weight loss journey. Just start fresh with the new day!

Good luck - and feel free to add me as a friend if you want - I'm always looking for more support friends.

PS - I didn't have a great weekend either - and I'm PMSing which is making this week terribly difficult. So I'm there with you.
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    I have been fighting my way ahead for the past 2 weeks. (That's when I started) I feel like I'm doing great with the food. OK with exercise. Then yesterday, my brain fell out!! Good grief I didn't eat a alot, but loaded with calories. So, today is a new day. I'm not doing it 2 days in a row. Stock your fridge with healthy food. Plan your menu for 3-4 days so you don't "grab" something b/c you don't have a plan. Drink lots of water. Get some exercize (I have to force myself). And in three 3 days time, you'll be feeling great!! Hang in there. It is a long road.....YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You are at war with your mind, and you need to be prepared to do battle with it everyday. It helps to have good food and snacks on hand so you are not tempted to grab the bad stuff. Set up an exercise plan that is realistic, and check off what you complete.

Hope this helps, stay strong, and remember your goal.
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Put the past week behind you. Start fresh. The most important lesson you can learn in this journey is that when you fall, pick yourself up and start again. Don't give up. It's not an easy road, however, the destination is worth all the struggles. You are worth it. And do give yourself one cheat day a week. Eat all you want on that day. It makes it easier to fight your carvings if you tell yourself that you will be able to get those things once a week. So, how about it, hit the grocery store today for some healthy/low cal food, DRINK LOTS AND LOTS of water, starting now. If you want, you can add me as a friend.

And remember to enter everything you eat on MFP. Be strong, get back on track. :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are struggling. But remember to learn form teh past and look towards the future. You are storng and you can do this. I'm sending you a friend request Iin hope that we can offer eachother mutual support :)