Fish Oil

Options
Does anyone take these supplements? I read they help with your metabolism and help with losing weight.

Replies

• melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil daily. I haven't necessarily heard anything about them helping in your weight loss, but the omega-3 oils are heart healthy oils and are a recommended part of the diet. I take mine to help with my dry eyes.
  • Vegasboricua702
    Options
    I do. Check my signiture. I recommend combining them with CLA
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I take them for my eyes. My eye doctor said they help if you have dry eyes. The bottle says it helps heart and vascular health.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I take them. More for the claims of heart health and joint health
  • Alyosha22
    Alyosha22 Posts: 15
    Options
    I do. My good cholesterol numbers are way up too after taking them. Don't really know about weight/metabolism benefits, but my dad's friend is a vascular surgeon and fish oil (specifically the oil rendered by a "cold" process -- check the label) is the only supplement he takes....and that says a lot!!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I take the triple strength fish oil supplements from GNC. You only have to take 1 per day. The major reason I take these is that I don't get those nasty fish burps after an hour or so. The GNC brand is the only one I've tried where this is true. :)

I started taking them because I have high cholesterol, and my boyfriend won't eat fish so I don't eat it as often as I'd like to.
  • citygirl1971
    Options
    i take omega 3. it helps with my joints. I notice that if I dont my knees hurts
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do. My good cholesterol numbers are way up too after taking them. Don't really know about weight/metabolism benefits, but my dad's friend is a vascular surgeon and fish oil (specifically the oil rendered by a "cold" process -- check the label) is the only supplement he takes....and that says a lot!!

yes, I've read a book by a cardiologist who was doctor to some pro football team that claimed fish oil was indeed incredibly important to your body's well-being, especially in fighting inflammation.

I take it every day, I spend money on a very good brand: Nordic Naturals. They have a very informative website: http://www.nordicnaturals.com/
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I take omega 3 myself- more so for the heart and joint benefits. I have not heard of weight loss benefits- but HEY! its worth a shot!!! Good luck!!
  • Phornixx
    Phornixx Posts: 16
    Options
    I take fish oil... no idea about the wieght thing... but def helps with memory. :)
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    I take fish oil to help with my joints. I was told if you keep them in the refrigerator or keep them cold it helps with the fishy burps : )