New again - saying hello and realizing the value of this sit

newgrowth15
newgrowth15 Posts: 8
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I joined myfitnesspal about 2 years ago, but I only used the site for a couple of days. I am now back and ready to go. I see the value of keeping track of what I eat and how much exercise I am getting. I found it was too easy to deceive myself into thinking I was eating healthy and working out, but I really had no way of knowing for sure. The scale surely wasn't reporting what I thought I was doing. My daughter re-introduced me to this website through her smartphone app., so I came back. I have already lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days since rejoining.

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    It really is a great tool to get you into a lifestyle change for the better!!! I joined in january and am down 13 lbs, about a lb a week!! LOVE IT!!! CONGRATS TO YOU FOR COMING BACK!!!!
  • Thank you.
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    I love the smart phone app..... makes it soooo easy to do... no excuses
  • I love the smart phone app..... makes it soooo easy to do... no excuses
    So true.
  • shelly067
    shelly067 Posts: 11
    The smartphone application is AWESOME! I just recently joined myfitnesspal.com because a friend recommended it through a group I am in. I think it is going to be a great tool to use! Good Luck and Welcome back!:happy:
  • The smartphone application is AWESOME! I just recently joined myfitnesspal.com because a friend recommended it through a group I am in. I think it is going to be a great tool to use! Good Luck and Welcome back!:happy:

Thank you. The phone is the one thing I take with me everywhere I go, even in the house, so it makes it easier to keep track of everything I eat. including that one piece of hard candy or that "one bite" of my daughter's pizza, etc.
  • mhm802
    mhm802 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm new here too. Looking for a calorie counter app for my smartphone is how I stumbled upon MFP. Must have been destiny! I can just feel that this time is different, and this community is different (and I've tried a lot of 'em!)
This discussion has been closed.