30 day shred w/ Jillian Michaels

Options
I'm thinking of buying this DVD this weekend. But before I do, to those of you who have tried it, can you let me know what you think about it? Also, I'm wanting to really start concentrating more on my abs; what ab workout dvd's do you suggest?

Replies

• denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    u look pretty toned and stuff in your pic, id get it but i have mixed reviews on it. everyone on here ravs about how awesome it is, even people who dont have that much weight to loose. i have 14 lbs to loose which doesnt seem to be going anywhere so i got the dvd is hopes of loosing in inches, not pds, cause that seems to happen for alot of people. anywho..i did 10 days of L1. no result. did 10 days of L2. no result. im on day 3 of L3 and my body is finally starting to hurt..so maybe its working now. id buy it, and try it, but as much as everyones loves it, i dont think it works for EVERYONE. its great for toning and your strength regardless..so id give it a try.
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    Love 30 Day Shred! I use Gilad Core and More for abs.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile picture, I'm not sure the 30-Day Shred would do you much good, to be honest. The main complaint that people have about those workouts is that they're a bit too easy. You appear to be in good enough shape that I don't know if 30-Day Shred would provide much of a challenge for you.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just posted my results this morning over on the Sucess Stories board. Check it out :happy:
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options
    I have started doing the 30 Day Shred and I love the workout! It's tough and high impact but it's all jammed into a 20 minute workout. I love her style because she always switch's it up and she always tries to workout as many muscles into one move as possible. I recommend doing the level 1 for 10 days, lever 2 for the next 10 days and then level 3 for the remaining 10 days. If you want to keep going, I'd start back at level 1 and move up like that. You always want things changed up so you're body doesn't get used to your excercises and then you'll hit a plateau.

It's not a walk in the park but you'll feel and see those inches drop. Most reviews I've seen have been inches lost more than wieght lost but you'll still loose some lbs.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Winsor Pilates are the best thing for abs. I lost my baby belly after having my son within a month of starting them.
    Personally, I have loved the 30DS - but, my cardio and strength were nonexistant before I started them. I think the people that don't see much results with them are in relatively good shape to start (unlike me!).
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Definitely 30 Day Shred and you may want to try Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack for your ab workout... both only 30 minutes.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    that is what I started out with in feb for my initial 1st workout-definetely helped w/ building up endurance and some toning-didn't lose much lbs tho-I had to add cardio into the shred for losing lbs-I also like jillians no more trouble zones and her 6 week 6 pack for toning
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Is it mainly used for weight loss? Because I am almost @ my goal as far as pounds but I'd LOVE to lose quite a few more inches. Especially in my thighs & my mid section. I'm mainly interested in something for to help me tone & get my abs started.

If the 30 day shred isn't for toning, what other exercise video would you suggest?
  • I personally went through 30 days with Jillian's 30S and it's amazing for legs and decent for arms but unfornately for me it did little to nothing for my stomach.
    I have this app on my ipod it's called Ab Workout;it's about a 5 minute workout and it helps some but I am cursed with my stomach until I lose more weight.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I think the JM No More Trouble Zones is more geared for toning. It's a longer workout though, about 55 minutes. It's a really good workout and I can always make it more challenging by bumping up my weights. I do use the shred, in fact I am doing a round of it now, but I always incorporate other cardio with it to increase my weight loss. I'm on day 15 now and I have lost 3.5 pounds so far. I'm planning on getting the 6 week 6 pack and adding that in also. Once I've finished I'm also thinking of trying her Ripped in 30 for some more variety...I think that is the key! Good luck! And I think that you won't be disappointed with any of her workouts!
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    I think your cracked out if you think you need to lose more weight. of course if ya want to its cool. im just saying i know you very well cuz im your sister and i know what you look like up close..lol. I only hope i can be as skinny as you one day!!!! :)
    But if you do get it and it works good, will ya let me borrow it after your 30 days?? hehe. :)
  • amarie35
    Options
    :heart: LOL! Sis you SO silly! But thanks for saying I am skinny. But I don't want to lose but 4 more pounds, I mainly just wanna tone up the extra flab I have in my stomach. I don't care for a 12 pack, but would love a 6 pack.....and NO not the beer. Ya know I can't stand that stuff! LOL! :heart:

But, if I do get it, of course I'll let ya borrow it. Heck, maybe we can do it 2gether! Love ya sis! :flowerforyou:
  • aml31
    aml31 Posts: 57
    Options
    Aw, thanks. And I love you too! :):heart:
  • SherryGirl
    Options
    @amarie35:flowerforyou: : I think you look great! :heart: Keep up the good work. I will come! "Nothing worth while comes for free. You gota work for it! " :wink: Have you tried the p90X AB Ripper? It might help you out? You can find it on the net for free... message me and I will gladly send the addy too you! Its hard! But I hear it gives good results for toning and shaping the core
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    i personalyl have loved the 30 day shred,

but if you have money to spare id suggest p90x for toning, ive heard so many great things and seen such great results for getting toned up and some more muscles
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    here are my result pics :happy:

11l0uu8.jpg

4zu4xe.jpg

2jf0rb6.jpg

zsl508.jpg
  • amarie35
    Options
    WOW...you LOOK amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics. I ordered the 30 day shred off of Netflix. I'm gonna check it out before I buy it. I will also check out the P90X.

Thank you all for the advice. :heart:
  • SherryGirl
    Options
    I got the 30 day Shred the other day and just did it. Level 1 is hard. Had to push myself to get through it. I understand with P90X you need other equipment accessories... which costs more later.... and the Insanity you don't.... just saying..