The beginning of the end!

Kurrah
Kurrah Posts: 10 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!
I downloaded this app a week ago and when I weighed myself Sunday I was down 4 lbs. I'm very excited and more motivated than I have ever been! Like a lot of people on here I have had a on/off relationship with diets over the years and I know right now that I have to buckle down and lose this weight. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes runs in my family. About 2 years ago I had a friend die in a diabetic coma and she was only 26, that was a huge wake up call for me being that I am 29. Shortly after her death, I tried every diet there is and even contemplated having gastric bypass surgery but decided against that. I want to do this the right way so that I can learn discipline and make this a permanent lifestyle change. I may seem like a confident big girl on the outside but I have a load of insecurities that I hide from the world.

I'm looking for a support system, I have met a few people on here already and they are great but I would love to have a more diverse group of like minds that are trying to reach the same goal. I'll be 30 in November and I want to have a completely different mindset as far as LIVING is concerned. I want to celebrate turning 30 as well as my permanent lifestyle change, kinda like unveiling a new masterpiece. I have goals set but i want to exceed those as much as possible without becoming discouraged!

Add me! I look forward to new and lasting friendships.

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Hi, Kurrah! MFP seems to work really well! Good luck!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    You will do it! Sounds like you are already in the right mind set! Best of luck and cant wait to see your before and afters ! :)
  • shelly067
    shelly067 Posts: 11
    I have just recently joined- downloaded the app on my phone. I think it is going to be a great tool to use! good luck! You can do it!!!!!:smile:
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    I started last week and love it so far. I too have tried many diets and failed. I'm hoping this is different. Friend request sent.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Welcome! It's hard to get started, but well worth it. You'll definitely be able to do this. :)
  • You already have the determination to succeed--follow through with the actions and you will see the new you well before your birthday in November.
This discussion has been closed.