RunKeeper or Cardio Trainer App?

Options
I just downloaded RunKeeper, so I'll try it out today on my lunch walk, but I've had no problems with previously using Cardio Trainer, other than hearing that it's distance and calorie tracking can be inaccurate..

So for those of you who use smartphone apps when working out, which app do you prefer?

Replies

• JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper but the calories burned aren't accurate. I use my HRM while i run. I like the app though. It tells you your distance, average pace and coaches you through. There are other apps that even have music to match the pace your going. Enjoy your workout! :smile:
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My Nike+GPS app is AWESOME!! its tells you calories burned (not sure if they're accurate until i get an hrm,) distance, pace, tracks your route and music sets to the pace you're running. you can tag your runs with your mood, weather and road conditions.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded RunKeeper, so I'll try it out today on my lunch walk, but I've had no problems with previously using Cardio Trainer, other than hearing that it's distance and calorie tracking can be inaccurate..

So for those of you who use smartphone apps when working out, which app do you prefer?

I've not used Cardio Trainer. I do use RunKeeper though and LOVE it. I listen to pandora while I run on my phone and I also have runkeeper going at the same time. The distance is very accurate (I run a route sometimes that I had certified so I know it's correct...I host a 5k race in the fall as a fundraiser). I do use the calorie counter, because I use an HRM. I love that you can set "coaching" on there as well.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer with a bluetooth HRM and have found it to be quite accurate.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    So between the two, it looks pretty down the middle. I'm thinking about investing in a heart rate monitor to confirm how many calories I think I'm burning during my workouts. :)
  • rhache
    rhache Posts: 3
    Options
    I really like RunKeeper. I'm planning to eventually get a compatible HRM to use with it as well.
  • Colombianking
    Options
    Is cardio trainer an aPp that works with iPhones? I cannot locate it... Any help would be great I really prefer to use pandora as my music selection... And I hear this app allows it to play which I think is awesome!!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I used runkeeper....not for calories though.

I *love* it for tracking miles and pace!