Help!: Can't lose my midsection!

Options
Hello everyone,

I needed some help...no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to lose my abdominal fat and love handles. My tummy area is of greater concern. I excersize regularily and eat healthy, barely eating carbs (such as bread and rice). I eat healthy- I mainly have fruits, veggies, and lean protein or whey protein. I also drink 6-8 glasses of whater a day, if not more.

I've read that targetting one area isn't the best, instead working the entire body is the best. I work out about 5-6 times a week, losing 600-800 cals. each work out, either on highest incline treadmill, fast paced or a fitness classes.

I try abdominal excersizes but still no luck. I can't do traditional cruches/sit ups because I have a problem with my neck. I know how to do a proper crunch/sit (use the back, not neck). But it still affects me.

I'm not sure if it's my food diet or workouts. It seems like I lose weight everywhere else, but never my midsection. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Have you tried one of those core balls? It will help strengthen your core.
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been working under the impression that you can't target any one section- you have to lose body fat all over. Once you lose it all, you are able to focus more. By doing ab workouts you are toning the muscle but until you lose the fat underneath you won't see any changes. Focus on your cardio, and be patient!
  • ♥Lexi♥
    ♥Lexi♥ Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    All the best with your weight loss goals! You're doing great!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's worth doing a pilates class or two. It really helps you feel your stomach muscles workIng, and will help you to "engage" your core when you're doing cardio. I've been tensing my stomach a lot more while running and boy have I seen and felt results.