Need Friends!

Options
Hi. I just joined yesterday. I stumbled upon this website when looking for a good calorie counter application for my I-Phone. I'm determined to make this work! I've been overweight for several years. According to the BMI calculator, I need to lose about 35 pounds. I'm at my heaviest point currently. I lost my mother to cancer in November 2010 after a short 5 month battle with the dreaded disease. I lost some weight during her ordeal but I am now 15 pounds heavier than I was at my lowest point with her. I know this current gain is due to depression since I can't get over her loss. I'm a busy working mother of 2 and since January, have been spending just about every Saturday at my mom's house getting it ready for sale. It's a very long and tortorous process! I need to make this work this time - if nothing but for my Mom! This website reminds me of Facebook and I am a HUGE Facebook fanatic. So, I need some "friends" but don't know how to send a request. Sooooo, request me as your Friend so I can get started!

Replies

• mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I have been on MFP since November and lost 41 pounds so far! We can do this together and help each other!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you so much luck with your goals!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. Add me if you like :-)
  • nelliemosa
    Options
    Count me as a friend, welcome to MFP. The people here are really friendly and supportive because everyone's in the same boat! I'm so sorry to hear about you mum - you need time to heal but having a goal of some sort will help you both mentally and physically. I've sent you a friend request xxx
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!!! We call all use all the help we can get.... please feel free to add me!!!!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a great a place for support and encouragement...for weight loss as well as for life in general. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. What an incredibly stressful and sad time this must be for you. It takes great bravery to pull yourself out of that kind of place. I would be happy to be a friend to you on this journey. I'll send a request to your mailbox. Good luck!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss. you can go ahead and add me as well. the people here are awesome and so encouraging. ive lost 14 pounds since december, that might not sound like a lot, but i wanted to lose 15 and a lot of encouraging has helped me through some hard tmes.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I"ll pray that things get easier for you as you tackle the tasks ahead of you.