Tracy Anderson's Method??

Options
Has anyone tried the Tracy Anderson's Method Mat Workout DVD or her Method Dance Cardio workout? I hear she is a trainer for some celebrities and was wondering if it's really worth the $30.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I don't know about her exercise plan but I'm a real sceptic of hers...she puts her clients on 700-calorie a day plans and says you shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds if you're a woman.

Here's a review I found.

http://weightlossdietcalories.net/low-calorie-diets-gwyneth-paltrows-personal-trainer-tracy-andersons-diet-plan-gave-me-blackouts/
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, that doesn't sound so good to me.. Thanks for the link
  • mollybee1000
    Options
    Hi,

Ignore her diet plan - it is not healthy and if you're keeping track of what you eat and how much of it, that will be enough.

I can tell you, though, that her mat workout is GREAT. It's tough, especially the legs and arms portions, but it is weirdly relaxing (might be something to do with the fact that the music is quite chilled out and she isn't a "perky" instructor). It's also addictive and I have no problem getting up for it four mornings a week. (She recommends 4-6 x week)

She doesn't say much during the workout and there aren't many cues, which can be frustrating if you're just starting out, so I'd recommend watching it through once or twice before doing it. Once you've done it a few times, you will be really glad she doesn't talk much - if you're going to do it nearly every day, it would get wearing to hear the same chitchat over and over again. That said, she knows exactly when it gets really tough and gives you encouragement.

This really does work - if you're doing cardio and burning calories as well, you will see your body changing in a few weeks' time. It burns about 300 calories too.

The dance cardio is OK - it can be hard to follow, but I figure that even if I'm just jumping around, my heart is still going!