Ashamed of myself

Options
I must say that I am ashamed of myself that I can't seem to stick to healthy eating for more than three days without going back to JUNK FOOD!! I just looked at my reports and I haven't lost a pound all month. I only exercised three times. I know no one has control over me, but me and reading all the success stories here makes me ashamed that I can be so weak. Each one of you inspires me and makes me proud to be a part of this group. Today I will try again, and only look to today. I really think that's what I must do, just focus on each day and try to get to my goal.

Congratulations to all you "losers" and best wishes to each of us struggling to lose even 10 pounds. Together we will all get there.

Have an awesome Sunday.

Replies

• jemara49
    jemara49 Posts: 23
    Options
    I must say that I am ashamed of myself that I can't seem to stick to healthy eating for more than three days without going back to JUNK FOOD!! I just looked at my reports and I haven't lost a pound all month. I only exercised three times. I know no one has control over me, but me and reading all the success stories here makes me ashamed that I can be so weak. Each one of you inspires me and makes me proud to be a part of this group. Today I will try again, and only look to today. I really think that's what I must do, just focus on each day and try to get to my goal.

Congratulations to all you "losers" and best wishes to each of us struggling to lose even 10 pounds. Together we will all get there.

Have an awesome Sunday.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs hon, and no need to feel ashamed!!!

we all get like that from time to time!

I do the same thing too when I feel down or like I can't keep on that darn wagon...I read the success stories and am rejuvenated.......we'll get there...WE ALL WILL!:drinker:

hugs!
    ALi
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Don't be ashamed. I mean, there is nothing you can do about yesterday. It's done and over with. You do have power over the present and future though! It is time to take control.

It is SO much easier said than done, I know. we live in a society where junk food is available pretty much anywhere we go! AND we HAVE to eat to live. It's not like we can completely avoid food like someone else with an addiction can. It's a tough journey, that's for sure!

I have yo-yo'ed many times and the reason I wasn't successful before was because I was trying a quick fix. I was expecting miracles either with diet pills or I was hurting my body by starving myself. And then when I was losing weight, I would think "Well, once i am thin, I can eat McDonalds again"....it was all of those things that made me fail.

This time I realized it has to be slow and healthy and HAS to be a lifestyle change. And, as a result, I feel better than I EVER have. This is the first time I changed my relationship with food. And honestly, that HAS to happen. You have to let it be a positive part of your life. You have to try and view food as something to contribute to your health, nourish you. When that happens, it becomes very easy to eat healthy and avoid junk. Does that mean I never eat fast food?? Noo. I eat a fresco menu taco at taco bell sometimes or a subway sandwich or maybe even a regular hamburger at McDonalds. I don't do it often but if I really want it, I do it, I just watch the portions.

I honestly like to eat home more and cook the foods I eat. Or, if we go out, I will get an egg-white veggie omlette at the diner or maybe we will go to hibachi, but not often.

Anyway, just take it a day at a time. Start making one small change after another until you suddenly realize your whole lifestyle is different.

Good luck!!! You CAN do this!!!
    -Tami
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Dude, you are NOT alone in that. Two days ago I had dinner (spaghetti with soy crumbles and corn) and then I went to a rehearsal and there was pizza. So I ate Papa Johns cheese pizza with the regular crust. Three slices. I felt awful afterward and KNEW I would, but ate it anyway because pizza is just so darn good!!!!

It's REALLY tough to do what you're doing, what we all are doing, but that's why we have each other.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    haha it's ok! I ate at Chilis yesterday!....Although, I have to admit, I haven't ate there in FOREVER and it was wonderful! :bigsmile:
  • jemara49
    jemara49 Posts: 23
    Options
    Each one of the replies to my post is very much appreciated. I look at your profiles, where you've been and how far you've come and I am thankful to have each of you on my side encouraging me. I did do better today. I went over my calorie count by 198 calories, however I was at a baptismal reception...I was so hungry, and thought better to have another sandwich then the cake!!! So, I'm over a bit, but it's better then I have been doing. Tomorrow will be an even better day!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to be ashamed of. All of the people here who have success stories, have disapointments and struggle too.

Set some small goals for the next couple of days. Log everything even when you eat junk. You learn the most from your mistakes. Look at the mistakes without beating yourself up. What was happening that caused you to eat that. What else could you have done. A different food choice, more exercise to work it off.

You're can do this.
  • Shellie1069
    Options
    Do not feel ashamed... for each of us the calories varry, I for example.. 1200 calories and i feel like I am starving, i find 14-1500 to be more satisifying and then there are the days when I get no exercise for the most part, and munch all day, anything i can get my hands on chips, 3 lbs of cherries, cookies, anything and everything..
    I figure every once in a while we all need a lil guilty indulgence to maintain our mental stability... :smile:
    Just remember those little indulgent days to keep them limited as much as you can..... One day at a time :smile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll have to edit, I have eaten bad for 2 days! Ah, you aren't the only one.... dang Quiznos wasn't open.....I had a Big Pal and Fries and half a vanilla milkshake!!!!!!!! :ohwell:

but then again, that's all I have had to eat today...:grumble: