Zumba (at home)

Options
I love Zumba, but it's been a long time since I've been able to do it. I would like to get a zumba DVD to work out with at home. They offer free classes to students at the college around here, and I applied to be a student this Fall. I would very much like to not look like a COMPLETE fool when I join ;) Besides, I think doing zumba at home on my 52" TV would be a blasty blast!

So, any good zumba videos that you guys can suggest? (Reasonable pricing, please - I am quite poor)

Replies

• tknuzum
    tknuzum Posts: 52
    Options
    I would try like ebay, or something like that for a cheap pick me up lesson. I know the website has them in a bundle but I am not sure how much they are. Zumba is a blast! :)
  • Heather19850
    Options
    If you have Wii I have Zumba for it and I LOVE it! Just did he 45 minute workout this morning and was dripping in sweat! I think I actually get a better workout with the Zumba than when I was going to the gym!
  • nadisprintr11
    Options
    i love zumba! i was going to a gym over the summer that offered classes and it was a blast! greatest workout ever! since i moved to school, i have had to find my own way to zumba. go on youtube! there are some great zumba videos there
  • precious71701
    Options
    Question: What is Zumba like..hear a lot of people talking about it...what kinds of exercises are on the dvd...
  • ihavebaddogz
    ihavebaddogz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Our Curves is doing zumba and lets you pay a small fee if you dont belone
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I bought mine off of ebay and paid like 60bucks for it. And that's including shipping.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, i do the dvd's and the Wii version both FABU
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    i've seen lots of zumba workouts on youtube, you could try that!!!
  • hazyjk
    hazyjk Posts: 3
    Options
    I love Zumba too...sometimes when I get lost on a move I just do a different one I know. I purchased mine on amazon.com and paid like 65.00 with shipping and the hand weights. It also has three different DVD's.
  • myminime
    myminime Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too purchased the Zumba for the Wii. FANTASTIC!!! I walk at lunch and take a Saturday Zumba class, so this was the perfect supplement. Zumba for the Wii has activities for all levels and breaks down each of the moves so that you can really understand it. :happy:
  • classicshell
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the responses guys! :) I'll look into that wii game - but I'll need to buy a new sensor bar first. Apparently our sensor bar has broken as some point, because it's just not picking anything up anymore.
  • missblanco
    Options
    I love doing zumba I have it on the Wii and it's amazing! Lots of fun
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    i've got it for the kinect and it is awesome!!! It's great because I can only make it to two of the classes at the gym so I like to be able to do it at home too!!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    \:
    Question: What is Zumba like..hear a lot of people talking about it...what kinds of exercises are on the dvd...

Zumba is a latin dance based fitness program. The main steps are salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton but can also include hip hop, bellydancing, bollywood, tango, flamenco and samba to name a few. It is an intermittent training class, i.e. a few fast songs then a slower song to let your heart rate recover, then fast again. It incorporates a lot of core moves and other fitness moves. I incorporate squats, kickboxing, tai chi too :) If you like "feel good" music and a party atmosphere, Zumba could be for you! In my opinion...Zumba is a BLAST!!! The hour always flies by! Don't even realize you're exercising :wink: