Homemade protein bars?

Options
I have a tub of Optimum Nutrition Natural Chocolate flavored protein powder that I don't really care for all that much, so I wanted to put it to use and make some chocolatey protein bars with it. Does anyone have any good recipes?? I don't have any peanut butter in my house (it's kind of my dietary downfall...), so I can't use that. But I have pretty much anything else that a recipe would require!

Please help! I need to make space in my pantry and this tub takes up so much space! Haha.

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I know ON isn't the best tasting, but there are a lot of proteins out there that taste worse.
    I just mix em up and chug when I buy a bad tub.

I also mix mine with oats and peanut butter (youd have to buy PB tho)^^ and make "proats" or "sludge"

check out bodybuilding.com and search for those terms, you'll find some great recipes. Bodybuilders get creative.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I know ON isn't the best tasting, but there are a lot of proteins out there that taste worse.
    I just mix em up and chug when I buy a bad tub.

I also mix mine with oats and peanut butter (youd have to buy PB tho)^^ and make "proats" or "sludge"

check out bodybuilding.com and search for those terms, you'll find some great recipes. Bodybuilders get creative.

ON Soy Protein powder is actually wonderful! especially when mixed with almond milk :)

I have a great recipie for homemade protein bars! I will have to bring it with me to work tomorrow so I can send it to you :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bparsont
    bparsont Posts: 50
    Options
    I use Dymatize Whey Protein Powder and it's REALLY good tasting. Mixing it with Almond Milk is a breeze to drink.