2»

Replies

• Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    branch/ army
    location/ fort leonardwood ugly freakin Missouri hahahaha

hello we moved from fort lewis wa this past Jan to MO
    since there is absolutely nothing within 80 miles except one walmart and a grocery store i have nothing but time to focus on my health for the first time in the 11 years ive been married lol. We chose to come here because the hubby would be non deploy-able because he is training new recruits which is a blessing because he has deployed like every other year.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    army girlfriend here, currently living with my man in columbus, ga, he's stationed at fort benning, but we're looking to move to north carolina next march once this tour is up. it's hard because i've left my mom in new orleans, and my family is scattered everywhere from savannah, ga to chicago, il, and it's hard being in a new place with no friends and being a social person that i am. i'm kinda used to it because i grew up a military brat (my mom was in the navy for 22 years before retiring, and my dad is currently a major in the marine corps) my boyfriend's extremely active, and usually works out at work, and then comes home and works out with me at the gym a few hours later. i've recently started the p90x workouts and he's also drafted a great circuit for me to do at the gym as well. feel free to add me, i can be pretty entertaining when i wanna be :)
  • Drayabrat
    Options
    Military wife here at Travis AFB. Hubby is retiring this summer and working hard to get in better shape for the Lake Tahoe trip in April!!
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Hubby left this morning...so just bumping this thread to see if there are many others in the same boat. He'll be back in March, so my aim is to tone up at hopefully maintain my current size whilst he's away!!

Add me as a friend for extra support during this time that our loved ones are away
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Army wife here! Current stationed at Camp Humphreys, South Korea.

I met me hubby in Germany, so i agree the food there was delish and totally not diet friendly. I had lost about 15 lbs and then gained it all back plus more when i lived there!

Every time we pass a really fat spouse like at the PX (oh and there are plenty of them) my hubs always jokes, "that's how you're going to look after you pop out a kid" and i know he's joking but secretly i think he is afraid of me "letting it all go" once we have the kids! I'm determined to lose the weight now so i'll know if i did it once all on my own, i can do it again. I really don't want to be "that" kind of wife!