calling for help in what to eat.....

Options
today is dh's b-day and he wants to go to a place called "Fatz cafe". looked it up and yucky, what is there good to eat. the salads are probably huge like they all are. they showed a nice lunch menu, not on weekends. today is sunday i normally don't workout today. but looks like i may have to if i want to enjoy this lunch. won't anyway, HIS MOTHER will be there. she stresses me out to where i want to eat anyway. "I AM IN CONTROL, NOT HER" just a reminder to self. so can anyone else see what may be low in calories. i did see the grilled shrimp and veggies over rice.
any help/recommondations would be great.
thanks, chipper

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    today is dh's b-day and he wants to go to a place called "Fatz cafe". looked it up and yucky, what is there good to eat. the salads are probably huge like they all are. they showed a nice lunch menu, not on weekends. today is sunday i normally don't workout today. but looks like i may have to if i want to enjoy this lunch. won't anyway, HIS MOTHER will be there. she stresses me out to where i want to eat anyway. "I AM IN CONTROL, NOT HER" just a reminder to self. so can anyone else see what may be low in calories. i did see the grilled shrimp and veggies over rice.
    any help/recommondations would be great.
    thanks, chipper
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Eat something before you go - raw veggies of a piece of fruit. If they have any broth based soups, those are good too.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    those grilled shrimp and veggie harpoons look good! Instead of rice, see if you can get grilled veggies on the side...that restaurant looks good but only with creative ordering!
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options
    drink some water. but lots of vegs will help you a lot! good LUCK!:wink:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    they have a steakhouse salmon..
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone i ordered the grilled chicken with steamed veggies. bbq sauce on the side. it had swiss cheese and 2 slices bacon. had two bites of his b-day dessert and 2 bites of peach cobbler. other wise i think i did pretty good. again thanks. good food, but, i thought expensive.
    i just put it all in and it was 636. should had gotten it without the cheese and bacon that really added it up. i learned something with this meal. i put in everything i had. so not as bad as i thought. go very lite for dinner, i'll be good.
    thanks, chipper