Trying an experiment

jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 614 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
We (women) all seem to have been given 1200 calories a day- this is not working for me. I think I am in "starvation mode". I have not lost anything in 3 weeks. I have worked out- ate what I should have..etc. It aggervating to the point it has brought me to tears. So for the next two weeks I am going to increase my calories to about 1600-1700.

Wish me luck because something has to happen... I am so discouraged.

Replies

• Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    I'd like to see how this works for you, i haven't seen any change in about a month and it's the same thing, i'm eating well, exercising 6 days a week and eating back most of my workout calories. It's very frustrating!

Good luck, i'll be watching for updates!.
  • I am not sure why so many people are getting the 1200 calorie intake. Mine is at 1560...so really not sure. Seems a lot of people's are set at 1200. Honestly seems very low to me.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    i bet that works for you...i did for me.

I just changed my settings to lose 1 lb/week rather than 2 lbs/week and i get 1370 calories + exercise each day. I'm not hungry anymore and the weight is coming off. Almost instantly it started coming off actually, but now its slowed a bit (i'm under a LOT of stress though)

Good luck!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I am curious to see the outcome. I wish you luck, hun. I know how frustrating this can be when you are doing all the right things but not seeing results
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Out of curiousity, what did you set your goals to be? 0.5, 1, 1.5, or 2 lb per week?

When I first signed up, I said, "2 lb per week?! HECK YES SIGN ME UP!" ...and was given 1200 calories. I looked at that, my eyes bugged out, and I said, "forget that!" Went to 1 lb/week and it was more reasonable... but I still bumped it up a little higher than what was allotted. I'm at around 1430 right now, and have been losing > 1 lb/week, so I could probably bump it up a bit if I wanted.

Anyways, good luck, let us know how the increase goes!!
  • You can go into your goals and manually change them. My calorie goals are at 1200 but they change day to day because of my excersize. So far since I have started using this site and documenting everything, I broke thru my platuea and lost 8 more lbs. The scale didn't move for over a month and a half before. It's very frustrating, just keep up with it and dont get discouraged. Eventually your body will catch up and the weight will come off. Good luck!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Tagging for later
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    When I started this program I weighed 190 lbs.. Using a goal of 1 lb. per wk. weight loss (which is supposedly the best and most realistic) I was initially set at 1400-1500 calories per day, plus any extra I earned from exercise. I had no problem losing. I didn't plateau until I had lost 10 lbs. and it asked if I wanted to change my settings. I'm now doing much better since adjusting.

I would check your goals as previously suggested and make sure you're not set to lose more than 1 lb. per week. Good luck and don't give up!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 614 Member
    The experiment worked !!! I am down 4 lbs this week !! Why didn't I try this earlier !
This discussion has been closed.